• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Architectual software called C.A.D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrwayne410

Registered
My aunts boyfriends best friend wants me to do C.A.D whatever that is, Anyone here know about or have a hunch what the heck this guy wants me to do? they told him I was the best computer guy they knew so I dont really know what I got myself into...

CAD is a career field with MANY different specializations. One doesn't simply walk into CAD. It has to be learned and studied. Granted there are some simple programs you could use with little to no knowledge of drafting. Wouldn't be very efficient though.

Lul at LOTR reference

One of the most diverse career choices out there next to being a doctor. So many different specializations its unreal. Definitely keeps you challenged and interested. I've done it for about 15 years and I still learn new **** everyday

I have a sort of related question...

Why would you use AutoCAD over 3DSMAX or Cinema 4D? They all appear to do the same things...

In general...

AutoCAD = Engineering Design (Blueprints, structural plans, mechanical parts, etc.)
3DSMax = Rendering/Animation (CG movies like Avatar/Toy Story, video game modeling, etc.)

However, they do overlap a little.

Back