• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic cooler and x800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nope. but wait for the new rev4 it will work for the 9800 xt and the x800. also it supports nvidia now! (not that i have one)

daniel_dynasty said:
nope. but wait for the new rev4 it will work for the 9800 xt and the x800. also it supports nvidia now! (not that i have one)
WRONG! why do you blindly post such info? i had an x800pro with the VGA silencer rev.3, fits perfect with no mods, search the Video and Sound forums.......... but you might as well wait for the rev4

no, see, if you look at closely the HIS X800 whatever with an arctic cooling, its got a copper layer, e.g. the whole thing isn't just alluminum, and it cools the ram too

P1.JPG

fafnir said:
no, see, if you look at closely the HIS X800 whatever with an arctic cooling, its got a copper layer, e.g. the whole thing isn't just alluminum, and it cools the ram too

i know it cools the ram, and i never said the rev3 was better than the rev4, the original question was if the rev3 fits the x800pro......so YES

Its not going to be called the rev 4 ;-)

ATI Silencer
NV Silencer

The new ones may make to to Rev 4, but thats atleast another 3 months away :D

when i had my 9800 pro, i got a GIANT III and it let me overclock my card 25mhz higher then with stock cooling...so i went from 425/373 to 445/380 with it, and the arctic cooler in that review only gained 8mhz core and 11mhz memory...it just doesn't seem that much

austinbmxnig said:
when i had my 9800 pro, i got a GIANT III and it let me overclock my card 25mhz higher then with stock cooling...so i went from 425/373 to 445/380 with it, and the arctic cooler in that review only gained 8mhz core and 11mhz memory...it just doesn't seem that much

the giant 3 doesn't compare to the VGA Silencers, none of the TT poducts are GREAT

I can't speak for the heatpipes other than they are a pain to try and put on a videocard and I've never seen a review where the heatpipes got better reviews than the vga silencer.....

Thanks for the info about the vga silencer and the x800. I've heard conflicting reports about that.

Back