• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III for GTX 980Ti?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

My overclocking of my Zotac Amp Xtreme is going to require > 1.256 V to get over 1500 MHz w/the stock cooler. The temps are already getting to 75° C overclocking to 1480 MHz. I have a 71.7% ASIC for this card.

I've read that good cooling can reduce the voltage requirements for overclocking w/the 980Ti series. Can a high end air cooler like the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III provide enough cooling for a 980Ti to make any difference in overclocking?

Everyone reviews the Accelero III/IV as much better and quieter then the original cooling, but you likely wont get more mhz out of it unless you go water ? have been thinking for a while to get a III just to make my system quieter...

Air to air won't make much of a difference at all. Air to water can give you a small increase.

Short answer, not really, no. the Zotac card already has a good air cooler, comparable to the Arctic. Arctic measures over REFERENCE coolers last I checked, not these AIB partner coolers which are already better than stock.

You have a 980 Ti in hand? Your sig still shows "6950 flashed to 6970 BIOS (1037/1425)" as your graphics card.

Back