• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7700k - Ultimate solution for cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

This thread is the 2nd part of thread here:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums...I-is-okey-but-which-one?p=8148853#post8148853

Items used:

CPU Used: 7700k with 1.25 VCore -> 4,7 GhZ
Arctic 34 eSports Duo
CPU Delid
PC Case [old]: Sharkoon BW9000-W
PC Case [new]: Phanteks P500A-W
Arctic Freezer II 280
GC Gelid extreme

After rebuilding my system, changing my thermopaste, entire PC case and cooling system with delid, here are results:
Basic Temp with old thermopaste were:

102oC -hottest core- [average of all cores: 98oC]

After changing thermopaste and getting new case [Phanteks P500a] temps went down to:

98oC [average: 95oC]

This did not make me happy at all, I went to the local deliding company, and did an delid to the CPU.
To be honest, my CPU core was disgusting, check the photos below, I never saw such disgusting thing and I was surprised that this happened to me, when I didn't even went for the "limits":

owgh66G.jpg

results: 85oC [average: 80 oC]

After this the last thing was changed: I went for an AIO Cooler Arctic Freezer II 280, results:

72oC [average: 66 oC]

Test were made in 2 programs: OCCT + Prime95.

Conclusion: If you have spare 25$, do a delid to the CPU, it helps a lot and is not expensive. IF you have 135$, making delid and the AIO for CPU is the best way to cool him down.
Below I present you a little graph to show difference "before" and "after".

tixEceN.jpg

Summary:
OLD -> 102 [average: 98]
NEW-> 72 [average: 66]

PS. I have screens as documentation of entire process when I was changing my build. I did not post them, because I did not want to make this thread 2x bigger with photos. If you want to know more things, or I should change anything here, let me know.

8rj8mIS.jpg

Last edited:
30 degreed drop is ridiculous. Something had to be wrong wjth that cpu to see that much of a drop. Wow. Typically you see around 10, maybe 15C.

He did add a new case probably with much better airflow, new AIO, new paste, and a delid, so from what he had at first to what he has now I can see it. But I haven't delidded anything CPU wise. I should do my 3770K.

Good job! Now why are still running under 5GHz? :sly:

IIRC - the De-liding alone will drop the temps ~15c (If done correctly with LM). The addition of a AIO over a standard HS/F (even with a push/pull config) will drop the temps. With that AIO - have you pushed your I7-7700k over 5GHz yet?
Please include pictures of the new setup so that others can view the original verses new config :)

IIRC - the De-liding alone will drop the temps ~15c (If done correctly with LM). The addition of a AIO over a standard HS/F (even with a push/pull config) will drop the temps. With that AIO - have you pushed your I7-7700k over 5GHz yet?
Please include pictures of the new setup so that others can view the original verses new config :)

30 degreed drop is ridiculous. Something had to be wrong wjth that cpu to see that much of a drop. Wow. Typically you see around 10, maybe 15C.

I have edited the main post. Thank you for your advice.

About 5.0 GHz, I didn't push it because I will need to give 0,1 Vcore more to CPU [maybe even more], just to receive 300 mhz more, I have seen reviews and the difference between 4700 and 5000 MhZ is around 2-4% in benchmarks and around 2% in gaming. Which means + 1 fps for me, I don't think this is reasonable :D

Ahhh… I gotta give my 3770K a kick in the nuts to get it to do anything too. I generally just keep it between 4500 and 4700. Get it? ..

:ty:

Back