• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling Freezer 13

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuZee

Registered
Hi all
Im new, so if i posted in a wrong section im sorry.
Ok, i have build a budget gaming rig and I've got a problem with overheating :(
my processor is AMD A10-5800k, by the reviews, my temperatures are way too high. On stock cooler i was getting about 60C :( in idle and didnt risk going full load, and with Arctic cooling freezer 13 it is 35-40C idle and 80-83C :-/ under full load using prime95.
I have read that the max safe temperatures for 5800k is 74C and im afraid that i will damage it.... :cry:
In both of the cases i was using Arctic MX-4.
Thank you for taking time reading this, and i hope i will get my problem solved.

How much TIM are you using when you mount it too much can lead to bad temps. What case do you have, is there enough airflow?

i have tried different amounts and always the same technique, dot in the middle. I have ezcool k-720b with two case fans arctic cooling f12 and led fan that was in the case

Quzee, I've never used or worked on an AMD APU so I suggest this. Post a pic of CPUID-CPU-z and Hwmonitor <---under load and hopefully someone who has more knowledge of the APU's will help you out.

cpux.jpg

core speed range 3799.99 MHz-3999.84MHz and core voltage 1.248V-1.404V

Back