• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silver 5 + CM 212 + i5-2500K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kazaam

Registered
I'm having a tough time figuring out what to do for the thermal paste pattern for the CM 212+ and the i5-2500K.

The Arctic Silver website says to use the vertical line method when applying paste for the i5-2500K. But I dont think that'll work so well if I'm using the CM 212+. Any ideas what method I should use when applying thermal paste?

Thanks!

I'm having a tough time figuring out what to do for the thermal paste pattern for the CM 212+ and the i5-2500K.

The Arctic Silver website says to use the vertical line method when applying paste for the i5-2500K. But I dont think that'll work so well if I'm using the CM 212+. Any ideas what method I should use when applying thermal paste?

Thanks!

:welcome: to the forums!

You can put a thin stripe down the middle of each of the heat pipes (I mean small, as you don't want too much).

why dont you think it wouldnt work well, it applies to all coolers for that socket,should work fine since the pressure should push the paste to where it needs to be, also you dont need to double post threads in 2 separate sections.

Yup, a strip down the middle of each heatpipe for the 212+, or somply a blob in the middle for a 212 EVO

I first filled in the gaps with thermal paste. Then did the line method as recommended by Arctic Silver.

4.4ghz 1.33-1.34v
Hyper 212+ single fan/push
Intel Burn Test, around 75-76c. I don't remember the exact temp. Prime95 blend test the temps are a lot lower, like 65c.

Last edited:
Back