• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Dell Precision 530's really bad or something?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samuraisam

Because I see a crap load of them on eBay. I want to buy one or two but I'm wondering if I should look out...

Thanks,
-Sam

Number one its a dell. number two its dell. They usually use priority parts so its hard to find parts for them. They was a deal, that had them really cheap, so people bought them and put them for double on ebay.

Oooh. Well, I already hate Dell, that should be obvious. I'm just looking for 1) cheap crunchers and 2) cheap crunchers and 3) cheap file servers. They're going for ~ $800, 1GB RAM, 200GB HD, Dual 2.2 Xeon.

-Sam

samuraisam said:
Oooh. Well, I already hate Dell, that should be obvious. I'm just looking for 1) cheap crunchers and 2) cheap crunchers and 3) cheap file servers. They're going for ~ $800, 1GB RAM, 200GB HD, Dual 2.2 Xeon.

-Sam

that doesnt sound too bad, but meh
its adell :shrug:

Me: bla bla bla this price for this stuff, it's a really good deal.
Client: but we can get a Dell for $500
Me: Yeah, if you were buying through their home & small office store
Client: Can't we do that?
Me: For servers?
Client: Yeah
Me: No.

They want to fileserve huge files (huge .tiff plan files), webserve an active website that runs off of a database off of a $500 dell.:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I hate living in Montana.

I think I have to deal with easily 3 handlebar mustache, mustard stain dumbasses per day. :(

So frustrating :bang head

-Sam

samuraisam said:
Me: bla bla bla this price for this stuff, it's a really good deal.
Client: but we can get a Dell for $500
Me: Yeah, if you were buying through their home & small office store
Client: Can't we do that?
Me: For servers?
Client: Yeah
Me: No.

They want to fileserve huge files (huge .tiff plan files), webserve an active website that runs off of a database off of a $500 dell.:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I hate living in Montana.

I think I have to deal with easily 3 handlebar mustache, mustard stain dumbasses per day. :(

So frustrating :bang head

-Sam

LOL

Yep, and that's where all other Montanans on the internet are from, Billings. :)

I don't see why these wouldn't make some cheap crunchers in a couple months when they go way down in price.

-Sam

Back