• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there no decent mini atx AM3 boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem2

Are there no decent mini itx AM3 boards?

I am trying to build an HTPC and I don't mind intel or amd, but all the itx boards on newegg are just worthless from what I understand.

Not that I would complain about having an I3 board with an H55, but I'd like to save money too.

Any suggestions that give a decent onboard solution or perhaps could allow say a 5450 for less than the cost of an I3/H55/DDR3 (because I would have to buy some new where if I can get an amd board I could go with my dd2 ram)

Last edited:
That's a full atx board :( I need a mini ITX its gonna be one hell of a tiny case :( I apologize I changed my title to reflect that I had mini ATX originally.

That's a full atx board :( I need a mini ITX its gonna be one hell of a tiny case :( I apologize I changed my title to reflect that I had mini ATX originally.

My apologies, your right, thats not a micro either, lol....it looked square in the pictures? Maybe I'm going blind, lol!

Hmm that is very interesting, I wonder if they ship to the usa, have to find out it might be a bit cheaper.

Edit: :( nope. Lame.

My brother just did the ECS H55 build with i3, went i3 due to limited avialiblity of mini itx boards and the fact that the ECS mini itx had good reviews. Very impressive but not a good bang for your buck! He wanted something he could travel with and a gaming laptop was way to much money so we used this very cool silverstone case.

Lot of people using Zotac? I just couldn't get myself to push a Nvidia chipset Amd board. Overall your stuck in a hard place, I would try a Zotac and possibly try hunting down a different Motherboard latter if it doesn't pan out. Biggest issue would be keeping the CPU under the 65watt tdp...

Yeah thanks for all the help, I gave up, bought an I3 setup, called it quits it'll do I'm sure. My new house is incredibly insulated and stays so cool after the AC runs for just a short time and stays cool so I hope my case will work fine.

Back