• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these RAM timings fine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swampdonkey

Everything is stable but i read somewhere that certain timings have to add up to other timings or it wont work right. Right now I have it set at 5-6-5-19-24 @ 1066mhz. One last question. Can i damage the RAM by lowering timings to much?

Everything is stable but i read somewhere that certain timings have to add up to other timings or it wont work right. Right now I have it set at 5-6-5-19-24 @ 1066mhz. One last question. Can i damage the RAM by lowering timings to much?

tRC must be greater than or equal to tRAS I think but I I'm not an expert on this and no, you can't damage anything by lowering the timings too much. The computer may not boot and you may have to jumper the CMOS to reset the bios but it won't hurt anything. When memory timings are very far out of wack at all you usually won't be able to boot or you have a system that is immediately unstable in Windows.

tRC must be greater than or equal to tRAS I think but I I'm not an expert on this and no, you can't damage anything by lowering the timings too much. The computer may not boot and you may have to jumper the CMOS to reset the bios but it won't hurt anything. When memory timings are very far out of wack at all you usually won't be able to boot or you have a system that is immediately unstable in Windows.

alright cool. i have gotten it down to 5-6-5-19-22. nice thing about sabertooth is memok! button!! :D

Yeah, that memOK button must be nice. I hate it when I have to reset the CMOS and loose all my bios settings, including the time and date and have to enter all that stuff again.

Back