• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you an Ubercloxx0r ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PIII 333 to 400
Athlon Thunderbird 950 to 1020
Athlon XP 1700+ 1467MHz to 2730MHz
Athlon64 3000+ 1800MHz to 2800MHz
Mobile P4 2.6 to 2.73
Laptop overclock ^
Changed fans on various PSU's, also mod rails nearly daily
Passive northbridge heatsink epoxied to Abit NF7
Alpha 6035 socket 370 heatsink on Radeon 9800, X800
Volt mods on Radeon 9800, X800
Volt mods on Gigabyte K8N Pro, vdimm and vcore
Cut 120mm blowhole in Chenming case with a dremel
Pin modded 1700+ to change stock FSB
Softmodded a 9800 Non pro to an XT using a BIOS I modded myself
How bout lapping a GPU? Did so on both a GF2 GTS and a GF4 Ti4200

15 in total.

Perhaps we could add something about the magnitude of the overclock...I had an 86% one on my 1700+ and a 56% 1 GHz on my 3000+, 44% on my 9800NP...to throw that out there.

Gautam said:
Perhaps we could add something about the magnitude of the overclock...I had an 86% one on my 1700+ and a 56% 1 GHz on my 3000+, 44% on my 9800NP...to throw that out there.

Good idea. I still have sweet dreams about my 2.0A SL6R6 @ 3.8Ghz

AMD K5-K6 - My old 1ghz @ 1.1ghz! (Damn no PCI lock!)
Intel PIV - See sig
AMD Athlon XP to Barton. - Brother's computer

Northbridge cooling mod. - Modified Swiftech Cooler
Video Card cooling mod. - Modified AC Rev5 or something

Makes me a blue belt :)

~t0m

Does an Alzimers belt apply. I have overclocked modded burnt and plain went on sucide runs on so much over so long I cant remeber it all. Here is a basic rundown.

Hmmm..
CPU's=
Celeron line = 2 of them
Pii's about 3 or four
Piii= 4
P4= none of yet
Cyrix= 2
AMD K6= 3
K7 = 3
K8= 1
Durons= 4

Cases:
I have modded so many. I have modded about every case I've owned since 96. Some I didn't even own. I cant' (remeber) list all the hacks, cuts, ducts/vents and general tweaking of airflow. Does painting count?

Power supplies:
2 One was an old 150W and then a 400w. I replaced the fans and fiddled around inside. I won't list the shocks gotten and making a dead PSU's. Does that count?

Video cards:
Mach64 pro
All in Wonder Fury pro
friends too...

North bridge cooling 4 times various MB's. Edit: I should add I am thinking about my southbridge on this current setup... Since this don't have a northbridge per se.

I tend to get down and dirty with all my gear. Sometimes I am asked to do it to other folk's hardware too. If there is questions on what i did to each one I can answer, just give some time to remember correctly. There is just so much, after a while it all just become one memory sorta.

Last edited:
PPro, Itanium and x86 server hardware.
- Overclocked Xeons
Intel PIII
- Dual P3 450@512 (max fsb)
- P3 850@900 (max fsb)
Intel PIV
- P4 1.8@2200 (TH7-II RAID, sold after 2 weeks)
AMD Athlon XP to Barton.
- XP1700@1850-ish
- Dual XP1700@1800-ish
- Dual XP2500 underclocked 1100MHz :)
- XP2500@2300
Northbridge cooling mod.
- Replaced P3 board NB sink with P166MMX sink and fan fastend with q-tips and rubberbands
Video Card cooling mod.
- GF2MX400, removed fan and shroud, zip tied 80mm fan to board
Pin mods or wire tricking.
- Wire mod to get more voltage on dual Xeon
Case cooling mods: i.e. blowholes, Hoot chutes etc. That you actually had to cut metal for, or construct.
- Cut out fangrills on a few cases, but since this is mandatory I won't clame points for it
- Cut blowhole on old AOpen case
PSU mods: for voltage stability or cooling.
- Fileserver is running naked PSU board with 120mm fan blowing across
Dually overclock: any dually or SMP overclock.
- Dual P3 450@512
- Dual Xeon [email protected]
- Dual K7 with two sets of processors

Thats 8-10 points and a Red Belt Ubercloxx0r but to be honest, I'm more of a mod guy than hardcore overclocker.

My style is the nervous hyena style. - I know the facts, trics and numbers, and got the answers when people ask, but won't go all the way myself (i.e water, voltmod), and when I do OC hard I often pull back a step or two a week later just so I don't have to worry about it. :D

Last edited:
Hrm cant really work out what I would be..

I have OC'D 2 durons, a 750 and a 1.1 gig - 750 went to 801 and the 1.1 went to 1.4.
The 1.1 Duron is still working for one of the folding teams I think - at least I gave it to some guy who was in the folding teams...

I oc'd an AMD K6-2 450 as well.... didnt go to high with that though only got it up slightly higher than the 450 mark.

Oc'd my old AMD XP 2000 to 1800

OC'd this 2600 to 2.3 gig :p

Oc'd 2 MX graphics cards a geforce 2 and a geforce 4

OC'd 1 5600FX card

OC'd my latest card this 6600GT

Thats all I can think of I guess hehe

No idea what that adds up to though in belt terms..

Makes me a Blue belt I think, Unless we are counting graphics cards OC is which case I am a red with 1 point to spare lol..

Anyone??

Last edited:
Looks like 1 for Durons, 1 for K6, 1 for XP and Baron, I can't see any points for graphics card OC - weird... So it adds up to 3 poins. Anyway if you have modded cooler on at least one of them that will be 1 extra point, and if at least one of them is softmodded, it's another extra point - so you'll get 3 - 5 points according to rules, I could find. They just don't give points for amount, but for overclock of specific hardware classes.

Yeah somewheres around there :)

Makes me a blue belt if I am not mistaken :) that will do for me for now heh - I am no were enar as experienced as some of the gurus in here so I am far from anywhere near a black belt when it comes to experience heh.

hey man... it just takes time, patience, and a steady supply of cash. especially time and patience. A lot of us have overclocked nearly every class of CPU.. but that's because we've been doing it since the early-mid 90's back when overclocking was something wierd, and not acceptable.

...ah memories

TollhouseFrank said:
A lot of us have overclocked nearly every class of CPU.. but that's because we've been doing it since the early-mid 90's back when overclocking was something wierd, and not acceptable.

My first overclock was a 486, at the time I didn't even know what I was doing had a name. I just saw a manual and made a mistake with the jumpers :D Then in highschool I got a then top of the line Pentium 75, and with the help of Mr. Bios (not being cute, it was called that by Evergreen)I was off at faster than stock speeds.

I was a freshman in college when I first stumbled on overclockers.com and found out all about this hobby. I also remember a lot of my dorm mates telling me crazy things like "You can't run a cpu faster than what it's suppose to run at." "Overclocking, that's just a fools fable." "You can't do that to your video card, let alone your cpu." "You weirdo!" :cry:

K6-3- Don't remember what to
AMD Barton to 10.5x202 (2121 MHz)- I'm a wimp
Northbridge cooling mod- changed out NF4 for Zalman NB-47J (with cutting and bending)
Video Card cooling mod- adding Zalman VF-700 Cu count?
Pin mods or wire tricking- modifying board to SLI count?
Lapping a CPU- lapping everything I can!
Soft Modding: Either upgrading a vid card by soft mod or overclocking an optical drive with a soft mod.- Upgraded optical drive with hacked flash
AMD 64Bit overclock: currently at 245x11 with 2700+ Sandy.

If all points count- red belt.

CJ

Tiger-Crane

loks like i just got bumped up to black

cpu's:

166 mhz pentium
450mhz p2
many p3's
2.4ghz p4
numerous athlon xp

Northbridge cooling mod. --> check
Video Card cooling mod. --> check
Voltage reg cooling mod. --> check
Motherboard volt mod. --> check
Video Card volt mod. --> check
Homebrew phase change. --> check
Pin mods or wire tricking. --> check

thas twelve so that bumps me up to a rank of blackbelt ubercloxx0r. the last 1/2 year has really helped out

lol looks like im a blue belt lol so far i have done these.
1:9600 voltmod with fdd plug
1:9600 aftermarket cooling
1:9600 with 9800 heatsink
1:9800pro with aftermarket cooling
1:northbridge active cooling mod lol the fan died soon after so had to go back to passive lol will have to canibalise one of my old non working computers i have laying around

Back