• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

argh, IE always insists that there's no connection available!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Every 20 mins or so, when I try to view another webpage in IE...

arghbh4.gif

I'm not set to work offline, at least, I didn't set it. Everything was fine up until a few days ago. I'm running off a router. I *was* using another ISP with a modem which I removed, but all traces of that are removed - network connections, hardware, software, IE connection settings... is there a regiestry tweak that can help me overcome this?

BTW, I'm still using IE, atm FF is using 200mb ram, the same amount of pages in IE are using about 100. No matter whether you close tabs in FF, it just gulps down the memory.

Sounds possibly like some spyware adware junk. I get that all the time where I work. But FF using 200MB RAM? That's a bit odd. Uninstall and reinstall FF, sounds like a memory leak the size of Texas!

But do some scans. Defrag, all the normal stuff. Get back to us with the results :D

1. Open regedit

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WebCheck

3. Create or set the following String entries to the same below:

"LoadSens"="auto"
"LoadLCE"="auto"

4. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for an entry called "loadwc". If it is there, delete it. If not, continue to 5.

5. Reboot.

Back