• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artifacts after a bad BIOS flash..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busta`

After a bad BIOS flash from a 9800SE to XT, I got some bad artifacts in windows. I then flashed it back, but still got artifacts, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Yes, the card in my sig has the speeds before the flash. I have an old AMD HSF on it with copper ram sinks.

Didn't work :(

I guess I'll leave it as dead, and I'll save my HSF with already drilled holes for another card :>

were all your pipelines enabled before you did the flash?

They worked with the Omega drivers. On the physical side as in hardmod, no they were not enabled. However, I was able to boot with a certain XT BIOS at first, but I wanted to try a different one and flashed it to the BBATi one, and now the artifacts won't go away, even after flashing back.

lol, trust me it doesn't run smoothly with the artifacts there, I tried booting up a game and it could barely run. BF42 that is.

I'll hang on with it, who knows, maybe I'll find a way to fix it someday, or someone in these forums will ;)

Did you look at core speeds after the flash back to whatever bios you had to be sure it flashed back ?

Yeah I saved the original BIOS, but it didn't help. And yeah diehrd, it is 100% back the SE and the cores speeds are normal :\

Back