• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asetek designed a cool new pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, it looks liek an omni Directional free floating design, found on Hydor and Hagen pumps. And you are right, the impeller does look redesigned. Doesn't look as "bulky" as the lL-30 impeller. Of course pictures can be misleading.

It could be some kind of special "revision" to an L30 or L35 specifically for Asetek. The pump housing is abviously different, to incorperate the rear relay mount and fron res mount, although the geenral look of the base pump is very Hydor-ish.

I guess someone needs to get a hodl of one, and test it out. (I hate the fact there ar eno specs anywhere to be found).

Cyrix_2k said:
I think it's more than that. Aren't AC pumps hard to control speed wise? I think the pump must be a native DC pump because of the speed control. Of course, I could be wrong.

The aqua computer dc->ac thingy has speed control too =) There are threads around on how to set a pin or flip some switches to increase the speed.

If they could make the the DC motor for the pump they probably could have made the entire pump.

Looks like everything they did was kind of "snap-on" style. Take a hydor and re-assemble it with their add-on parts. I know asetek has a fairly extensive assembly line. They could easily manufacture the molded plastic pieces for the res and the part that holds the electronics. Pretty sure that tour of Aseteks place was on overclockers.com, right? Dunno if they could have made that PCB. Wonder if they outsource that stuff like the controller to the vapochill products.

Well, until one of us actually gets a hold of one of these, obviously the debate is open to lots of speculation. Although, Their placement of the Res to directly feed the impeller goes along with many of Thorilons staments regarding the Ideal res feed for a pump. I have also experimented with Reserviors directly feeding pump liek this, and the design looks to be pretty decent from a performance standpoint. My only caveat is the inlet sits atop the Res, and that gives me some worry as any air in the system will try and rise up the inlet (at least when the system is powered off).

Back