• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock 890FX Deluxe3/4 advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bucknuts

From the reviews I've read these are not bad MB's but OC'ing is a bit lower. Anyone have either of these 2 mb's because priced at $150/160 there cheap, and I'm not trying to build a high end PC so trying to sorta low end the prices as much as i can. Will be using a 1075T CPU, and Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1600 decided on that. Any help on these 2 MB's would be greatly appreciated. Would be useing these items from my curent setup.

COOLER MASTER HAF 932
Cooler Master V8/Cooler Master 90cfm fan
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 970/1150
EVGA GeForce GT 240 600/1400/1800 (PhysX)

:welcome: to OCF!

No experience with the ASRocks but, IMO, the Biostar is a better option and it's cheaper.
Biostar TA890FXE $140

This ASUS is a much better option, though it does cost a bit more.
ASUS M4A89TD $175
problem with the Biostar is if the 6870's come down in prics so I can CF, only lanes left are 2 pci's. The Asus board would be nice but only 2 pcie 16 lanes. So next step up would be Gigabyte or MSI. Thanks for the reply tho

???? I'm not sure what you're saying here. Both boards have 2x 16-bit PCIe.

The ASUS IS limited to only those two PCIe 16's but the Biostar has 4 PCIe 16's (slot size) plus a couple of PCI's. :confused:

Are you talking about running triple video cards or something? The Biostar can do that ... :shrug:

???? I'm not sure what you're saying here. Both boards have 2x 16-bit PCIe.

The ASUS IS limited to only those two PCIe 16's but the Biostar has 4 PCIe 16's (slot size) plus a couple of PCI's. :confused:

Are you talking about running triple video cards or something? The Biostar can do that ... :shrug:
6870's are double slot card's so each card would take away a open pcie, trying to keep where if I CF later I can still use my PhysX card also, even tho i only have 3 games that suport it. It's a real pain wanting to go cheap but still have all the slots I want.

Back