• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 with FX 6300 8pin PSU connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aggeluska

Registered
hello I own the motherboard in the title and i bought today a PSU without noticing that it has a 4pin connector to supply the motherboard while my motherboard needs 8pin connector. I read in the PSU manual that usually only motherboard for servers have 8pin power supply socket and i was suprised also because i didnt see before 8pin connector for motherboards ... anyone knows what can i do now ? maybe there is an adapter on internet to fix this ? had someone else before the same problem ?

Well the board itself is a bit under powered with only a 4 phase design and lacking heatsinks on the VRM so watch that are for heat. As long as you're running it at stock it'll likely be fine but i would still watch for heat problems and possible throttling. The PSU should do here's a review from Johnny Guru who knows his stuff. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=209

You can use the 4pin for now until you get the adapter, wont hurt anything. edit: don't be trying any overclocking though....

CPU - FX-8320 oc'd to 4515hz
OC - 1.35v cpu 215FSB, 21 multi
MOBO - Sabertooth 990fx
RAM - 8gb G.Skill Sniper @ 1600mhz CL8
GPU - Gigabyte Windforce R9-270X
PSU - Seasonic M12ii 620w
CASE - Custom Caes
COOLING - Hyper 212 EVO
CPU TEMPS - 25-27c idle based on HWmonitor/ ~45c during heavy gaming.

Bob, I was just reading your short post above and then glanced down and saw your signature. Man that is a GREAT signature. EASY to know what your actually using. Thanks.
RGone...ster.

Back