• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASROCK Bios - X670E Steel Legend 1.20.AS01[Beta] 2023/4/20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bios does come zipped.
open it in windows and then drag the file inside directly onto the USB your going to use.
put that in the back port and the Instant flash / Ez-flash in bios should find it.
You can also use the Rear IO flash button but id not do it that way.
Some Companies and Boards do have Windows Bios flash but Truly I dont believe in that windows is always less stable than Bios.
I think I did what you suggested. I DL the BIOS and somehow extracted it and dragged it to the USB stick. The manual DID say to change the name of the file. I did. Then with the board plugged in but not turned on, I inserted the USB into the proper slot and pressed the bios update button on the back. The green light blinked for a few minutes and then stopped. I then booted up the computer. The flash screen icon was different and the boot was faster. It prompted me to DL the latest chipset drivers. I did that and it seems to be working fine. I'm not going to overclock ...yet. Thanks to all for your help but I still say ASROCK manual and tech support are rather lame. It is not xenophobic to expect a major tech manufacturer to translate their manuals and keep them up to date. There are plenty of bilingual persons in the USA who would love the opportunity to offer support for their products in English speaking countries and elsewhere. All it takes is a desire to provide customer service which builds brand loyalty.

It is not xenophobic to expect a major tech manufacturer to translate their manuals and keep them up to date.
...glad you finally got it. The manuals are there in several languages and updated....this was just simply PEBKAC/your inability to follow the instructions/know what extract means. ;)

EDIT: No need for this thread to be open anymore in fear of additional xenophobic comments from Samoyed. Yikes, on so many levels...:snipe::escape:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back