• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88x+ Killer - W7/W8 install issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeeDj

:welcome:

Hey Guys, since you've always been my go to spot I thought I'd drop in and see if anyone is able to give me a hand with some issues I'm having trying to install windows on the fatal1ty fm2a88x+ killer mobo. I've tried doing this rig as a raid install and that just yielded that it couldn't find the appropriate drivers so I then scavenged my BD-Rom from my main to allow the install to see the driver disk to no avail still errored out, then I figured I would try doing the install setting the SATA to AHCI and un-raiding the drives same results. I also dug up a win8 install to try with more promising results it gets all the way to the end and then tells me Windows setup was unable to install windows on my hardware. I'm honestly at wits end, I could use some help honestly to get this working for my son.

The details:
mobo: fatal1ty fm2a88x+ killer
cpu: a10 7850k black edition
ram: gSkill p2133 4gx2 ddr3
hd: 2x 250g wd re's (scavenged from my server)
psu: thermaltake tr2 430w

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, the install method that I am using is via USB key which worked for me flawlessly on my main rig so that rules that out as well.

HELP! :)

J :cool:

Long time no see... you downloaded and extracted the \Floppy(v6.1.0.00117).zip--> Floppy(v6.1.0.00117)\ to a thumb drive, then pointed the install to the corresponding folder (W7_64_Bolton_RAID, W7_32_Bolton_RAID, etc.)\rcraid.inf ?

Ended up getting a buddy to come over with a spare DVD drive, only OS I could install was Win8 so I'm making the kid suffer with that :)

J

Back