• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 X570 CPU VCORE setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

My temps seem to be within normal ranges (at least the idle) but I've read that AMD 3700X CPUs don't necessarily need the stock 1.45V VCORE setting so I'd like to play around a little bit and lower the max VCORE to 1.35V to see if that would benefit in anyway. I can't seem to find it in my BIOS settings. I've messed around with VCORE settings with past builds and it's usually labeled very clearly but I just can't find it in the ASROCK BIOS. I don't overclock in anyway but I am running my RAM at 3200MHz (if that matters) and I'm using the stock Prism cooler.

Would lowering the max VCORE bring my temps (especially max) down a little? Would this negatively affect performance? Or is this pointless and I'm reading too much trash? While playing a game last night i see that my max hit 70C!

temps.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like it's here. Notice the vertical slider off to the side of the individual horizontal slider adjustments. There may be more options besides offset if you scroll down. I don't have this board but this pic is from the manual on the website.

Attachments

• ASRock vcore 1.jpg
    ASRock vcore 1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
I have a very recent BIOS and that seems to be an old or outdated screenshot. This are the few things I can see and the screen where I can choose AUTO, OFFSET, FIXED I can't seem to enter 1.35 when I choose fixed (it won't take the decimal ".").
Looking at the ARock hardware settings apparently it's supplying 1.472V and looks to be running hot because the idle temp is at 56.5C
HWMonitor shows lower temps and fluctuating voltages whereas the ARock BIOS screen shows much higher temps and steady VCORE 1.472V - I'm confused as hell now.

1.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

Use Fixed Mode. I think the increments you are allowed to change are only in .025 amounts. For some reason, the Ryzen motherboards, or many of them, don't allow the granularity of adjustment we are used to seeing. If you are having trouble entering the desired value, try the up and down arrow keys instead of the numeric keys.

I have a very recent BIOS and that seems to be an old or outdated screenshot.
Just to be clear, what trents posted is from the ASRock's Windows based tuning software and not the BIOS.

As was said, switch to fixed mode in the bios and adjust away.

Back