• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

Just posting a thread to talk about this item - Seems Ryzen can be picky with memory. I'm using the listed Corsair LPX kit and (in bios) enabling the XMP profile and setting vDimm to 1.35 was all that was needed for 3200C16. Pretty happy with this. My LPX kit booted both bios, I updated to 3.00 immediately.

Bios 2.10 - First released.
Bios 3.00 - Update AGESA to 1.0.0.6a

ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac
Newegg Link
Corsair 'LPX' CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 2x8G Kit
Newegg Link - Thank god I bought these when they were like $109

I'll add as I play around with it. - If anyone else would like to add, please do.

dvr1v8.jpg

Wow nice! That's a miracle that you were able to get your ram to 3200 right out the starting gate. Lots of Ryzen owners are having major ram issues trying to get them to run past the 2666 when their modules are 3200. My hat's off to ya!

08/19/17 Update.

Had a chance to play with this build a little. TL;DR - Lots of power / heat.

For testing my overclocks

P95 v29.1
- 30 Mins on each of the FFTs listed. When I have done the '24-Hour' stable test in the past, these are the FFTs that have always failed. Now, I just use them and save some time. 14.5G memory used.

AIDA64
- 30 Mins of the 'System Stability Test'

POV-Ray v3.7
- Run Benchmark (ALL CPUs) - Reported time in seconds.

I have temps as reported by AIDA64 and power usage from my Kill-A-Watt

This testing is with stock HSF and full 8c/16t load. I plan to test with SMT disabled in the future.

R7_1700_20170819.jpg

37x is what I have had time for. If I go beyond this, i'll need to upgrade the cooling.

09/01/17 Update:

ASRock X370/AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac PSA -

these boards ship w/ 2 different VRM heatsinks. I was unlucky and had a version that shipped w/ the 'thick' pad model. I emailed ASRock and they sent me a 'thin' pad version @ no charge.

thick/thin side by side
heatsinks.jpg
-

Overall, i'm liking the motherboard. I'm not thrilled with the power draw of the 1700. My plan is for this to go into a LIAN LI PC-TU100. I'm considering the R5 1600.

Back