• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI x370 Gaming M7 ACK IMC Voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gldndragn2708

Hello OCers,

I have a quick question about the BIOS on the MSI x370 Gaming M7 ACK. I am attempting to OC my Ryzen 1700 on this board but I am running into instability coming from the IMC.

When using Ryzen Master I can Successfully achieve a stable OC of 3.9 GHz @ 1.35v with SoC set to 1.1v VTT set to 0.685v.

When attempting to set a hardware OC in BIOS I am only able to achieve a stable OC of 3.4 GHz @ 1.4v w/ LLC Mode 1, SoC @ 1.2v w/ LLC Mode 1. (There is no VTT Voltage listed in BIOS) Any higher clock speed results in a slight jitter on the CPU (running AIDA64 Stability Test monitoring in Windows Task Manager). The CPU also is unable to reach 100% utilization.

My questions are as follows: Is there an equivilant option to the VTT Voltage in the BIOS for this board? And if not, How can I increase voltage to the IMC without a listed VTT voltage in BIOS?

System Information:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) [YD1700BBAEBOX]
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i
MB: MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK (BIOS v.1.9) [7A35v19]
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) [F4-3000C16D-16GTZR]
SSD: Mushkin Reactor LT 250GB [MKNSSDRE250GB-LT]
HDD: WD Blue 1TB [WDC WD10EZEX-008N5A0]
HDD2: Toshiba 4TB [HDWE140]
GPU: Asus Dual RX480 8GB [DUAL-RX480-O8G]
PSU: Rosewill Photon 650w [PHOTON-650]
Optical: LG 14x BD-RW [WH14NS40-OEM]
Optical2: Lite-On 24x DVD±RW Super-Multi [iHAS124-14-OEM]
Wireless Network: Killer AC 1535 (Bundled w/ MB)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver ATX Cube [CC9011034-WLED]

Addendum: I am aware that I am pushing the limits of that PSU. Thank you for your concern but I am already aware of the issue there. just wanted to state that before receiving a million comments about it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Limits on the PSU... likely not. Its just a mid-tier PSU. Jonnyguru reviewed it well. ;)

That said, why do you believe it is the memory voltage? Have you tried to lower the memory speeds and see if it behaves the same?

Limits on the PSU... likely not. Its just a mid-tier PSU. Jonnyguru reviewed it well. ;)

That said, why do you believe it is the memory voltage? Have you tried to lower the memory speeds and see if it behaves the same?

Thank you for the tip on the PSU. I planned on upgrading when funds become available but it does the job for now.

As far as the OC issue. When stressing (in Aida) CPU, FPU, and Cache, Hardware OC is Stable at 3.9Ghz. When I add memory to the stress test, I encounter Instability. Memory has been fully tested in Memtest 86 and shows no errors.

When OCed Using Ryzen Master, OC is perfectly stable @ 3.9ghz when VTT is increased beyond 0.68v. I cannot affect the same VTT voltage in BIOS as there is no "Listed" VTT voltage.

PS. I have also RMAed ALL parts but CPU, PSU and Case. Some multiple times. This build is a serious problem child.

Is it stable for your uses??

All too often i see advice doled out about passing this that AND the other thing and IMO, thats just too much. Try using your machine and see if you run i to any issues.

Last edited:
The VTT runs a 1/2 the memory voltage when left at auto. Raising the Memory voltage ( 1.37- 1.38 V) should get that where you want it.

This post is relayed from the friend with this problem, it is not me with this system, I am helping him.

To earthdog: If it were stable for my uses I wouldn't be testing this, that and the other. If the instability is clearly visible in task manager, the system is unstable for ANY use. And seeing as I have been doing this for 12+ years, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please stop patronizing me if you do not have a solution to my problem. Thank you.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Again, posting for friend with the problem

To johan45: That was my original thought however there is no joy on the burn. The instability is still present after increasing DRAM voltage to 1.45v. It's almost as if this board is not scaling the VTT at all.

Lol, nobody is patronizing anyone. These questions need to be asked or statememts need to be said. His psu is likely fine - that needed to be straightened out as a non factor. All too often people can overlook easy things or people can fall into a stress test loop per say. Who knows if it was tested or the dude you are ghost writing for has 12 years experience...how the hell would we know? It was absolutely worth asking.

I apologize if it came across as patronizing.

Last edited:
Lol, nobody is patronizing anyone. These questions need to be asked or statememts need to be said. His psu is likely fine - that needed to be straightened out as a non factor. All too often people can overlook easy things or people can fall into a stress test loop per say. Who knows if it was tested or the dude you are ghost writing for has 12 years experience...how the hell would we know? It was absolutely worth asking.

I apologize if it came across as patronizing.

He does have 12 years build exp, but he has had probs with other forums in the past where they WERE patronizing, he was just asking folks to try to not be that way is all. :) We need to find how to correct the stability issue, we have narrowed it to IMC voltage, but there does not seem to be a way to adjust it in bios, THIS is the big Q. How to adjust VTT without it being listed in bios.

The system will hard freeze after approx 3-5 mins on AIDA64 stress test, @ 3.9. Task mgr shows alot of cpu instability, by not maintaining 100% cpu usage (99%) and alot of wavering in task mgr. Temps are not a problem, no VRM throttle, He has tried various dram v settings, all to no avail

With ryzen master.....STABLE @ 3.9 all day long......the only major voltage change in ryzen master is VTT.....but that does not seem to be in bios
we are trying to find way to adjust for stability

If ryzen master could auto load the OC profile it might not be AS BIG an issue.......but it doesnt, and you have to reboot again after enabling OC......in convenient as all HE***

Thanks ED, and all who try to help

I'm not sure if it's still the same but when I tried RM it worked fine. The proble started when I tried to OC from BIOS after using RM. Maybe they have improved it somewhat but in my case I ended up reflashing the BIOS to gwt it to work properly.
Next RM is an in Windows app so the machine is starting up at stock cpu and RAM or just CPU?
Also make sure you have a newer BIOS. Maybe not the newest but newer. I know there were some issues with the latest AGESA update.

I'm not sure if it's still the same but when I tried RM it worked fine. The proble started when I tried to OC from BIOS after using RM. Maybe they have improved it somewhat but in my case I ended up reflashing the BIOS to gwt it to work properly.
Next RM is an in Windows app so the machine is starting up at stock cpu and RAM or just CPU?
Also make sure you have a newer BIOS. Maybe not the newest but newer. I know there were some issues with the latest AGESA update.

To Johan45: Thank you, thank you, thank you thank you, THANK YOU! Re-flashing BIOS was a bust but BIOS rollback to v1.7 and switching "Power Duty Control" to current balance got me where I want to be (aside from windows no longer showing the correct clock speed) perfectly stable 90 minutes in.

Glad you got it sorted out. The BIOS updates recently have been a bit flaky acroos all brands.

Back