• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700x help (cache failure, high latency, etc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is great Johan45, I really appreciate you doing that. I will see if I can mimic those timings/results!

You may need some fine tuning for your board/sticks but that should get you close

Well I'm going to throw in the towel on this MSI board. I messed around with timings and such for hours today and it is just not stable above 2933MHz on the ram. Anything above that and Realbench can BSOD the system in less than 5 minutes. It was super helpful to have your timings though Johan45, at least I had a good starting point.

After getting frustrated I drove up to the Denver Micro Center and picked up a x470 Taichi, here is to hoping, lol.

Sadly I won't get any fun time until probably Tuesday to pl

Well I'm going to throw in the towel on this MSI board. I messed around with timings and such for hours today and it is just not stable above 2933MHz on the ram. Anything above that and Realbench can BSOD the system in less than 5 minutes. It was super helpful to have your timings though Johan45, at least I had a good starting point.

After getting frustrated I drove up to the Denver Micro Center and picked up a x470 Taichi, here is to hoping, lol.

Sadly I won't get any fun time until probably Tuesday to pl

Looking forward to seeing some positive results on the Taichi. I've been working on my 1800x a bit more, trying for 3600 on the ram stable. So far haven't been successful, 3466 Cl 15 on my B-Dies has been the best so far.

Well fingers crossed. Got the board in and currently stability testing with all 4 sticks at 3466MHz and relaxed timings. 40 Minutes in so far...

Well I stopped the cache test after 1.5 hours without failure but failed realbench after 15 minutes. It wasn't a hard failure (restart) like before so that's good. Playing around now with all of the settings from before to see what happens.

Last edited:
You're welcome.

Lol hey you initially thought it was the memory. I think I may be settling on 3400MHz, just trying to tighten those timings down now. Long slow process.

One weird thing is that my windows 10 install did NOT like this board, wouldn't even boot back into windows. Guess it's a fresh install for me....

I take it back.

I am MORE than impressed with this MB. 1 hour Realbench stable @ 4.0GHz and 1.3v. Going to run some AIDA6 overnight to see how everything works, but I'm stoked...

Lol I guess the honeymoon phase is over with this board. CPU and Ram are rock solid stable. The problem is if I enable the wifi or try to update the intel i211 LAN drivers the system no longer boots into windows. Haven't quite seen this before so I'm somewhat at a loss. It is the reason that this board needed a windows install. The LAN actually boots with the stock MS driver from 2016 but when I download files it starts at like 200Mb/s and then drops to 0 for 10 seconds, then back up, then 0...

Things I've tried:
Resetting to CMOS defaults and leaving everything alone
Disabled windows fast startup
Different versions of Intel's lan driver (23.0, 23.4, 23.5, and whatever the newest one is)
Booting into safemode (shows the device cannot start)
Downgrading from the newest 2.0 bios to 1.6 and 1.52beta (the older bioses allow the system to boot with the wifi on).

It's super weird because I can't just run the intel LAN driver install because it doesn't find any Intel Adapters. Also when I enable LAN and try to boot, the windows loading circle (for lack of a better name) spins SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLY so it makes me think it may work. However, I've left it "loading windows" for an hour and it never did...

Of course MC doesn't have any other x470 Taichi MBs that I could swap it with. This was an open box one, so I wonder if someone had the same issue or somehow managed to mess it up...

Here is an example of what happens when I try to download steam games:
Network1.PNG

*on edit*
ugggg it only does that when downloading to my storage spaces even though I don't have any issues copying large amounts of files to it. I'm ready to go back to Intel...

Last edited:
hmm thats no good.
this is a standard taichi x470 and not the ultimate with dual lan?

i was going to ask what chips were on your ram but it seems like a moot point now...

It was the standard Taichi. I swapped out the board for a different one (after driving an hour back to Microcenter and an hour back) and it works just fine and dandy. No issues running the ram at 3333MHz 14-14-14-30 on all four sticks.

So now this Taichi MB is doing the exact same thing. I can't boot into windows with the lan port enabled. I'm ready to throw in the AMD towel...

That sounds more like a board problem than an AMD thing. It is odd that two have done that now.

Yeah I agree it's a board problem. I regret selling my MSI board now even though it sucked for overclocking. I haven't had anything but problems since switching from Intel though.

That's what makes AMD so much fun LoL, all kidding aside I feel if your board issue was straightened out you'd have a much better experience. I've had a 1600X and a 2600 in this CHVI for 2 years combined and never had a whole lot of problems. Maybe a bit early on when BIOS was raw but that was mostly getting RAM up to a decent speed.

Back