• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700x help (cache failure, high latency, etc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My thought is why would I create a thread asking for help to get my memory above 3200MHz if the system was stable? I've been on every generation Intel system since the Core 2 Duo so my AMD experience is limited (prior to that I had quite a few AMD systems), hence the whole purpose of this thread. I will try the ProcODT to see if that helps with those two slots, my fingers are crossed there.

SB,

Couldn't you be a little more diplomatic about your reply? CustomGT isn't exactly a rookie on this stuff.

Relax guys, can we restate our thoughts a little?

Yea sure dude. it's cool. sorry fellas.

4x8gb HyperX Predator DDR4 4000MHz @3200-14-14-14-34 @ 1.4v <--- +.05?

Yea sure dude. it's cool. sorry fellas.

4x8gb HyperX Predator DDR4 4000MHz @3200-14-14-14-34 @ 1.4v <--- +.05?

Yes at +.05V because I thought it would help with the blue screens/AIDA64 failures. Since then I've run at a wide variety of speeds and timings with all of them failing except for 2933MHz and below. I did a 4 hour realbench test and it passed, something it couldn't do before. I haven't messed with the ProcODT yet though, I'll do that now.

Well that's a no go still. In those two slots it won't boot above 2933MHz. I'm really stumped on this one. I tried 3200MHz and 3000MHz and manually reduced the timings and sub timings. Either the board or the CPU hates having those slots populated. I was able to reserve a x470 Taichi MB this morning that I can pick up on Saturday. May be worth a shot...

Well that's a no go still. In those two slots it won't boot above 2933MHz. I'm really stumped on this one. I tried 3200MHz and 3000MHz and manually reduced the timings and sub timings. Either the board or the CPU hates having those slots populated. I was able to reserve a x470 Taichi MB this morning that I can pick up on Saturday. May be worth a shot...
Well, that will certainly give you a better idea of what could be possibly holding you back.

You can also try disabling or enabling geardown instead of auto. Some systems have issues with it as well

Thank you for the screen shot.

It is rather odd the board posts at 2400mhz when cmos is cleared. Its not supposed to do that.

Have you tried a different bios version?

You can also try disabling or enabling geardown instead of auto. Some systems have issues with it as well

Dang no go there too. Tried both enabling it and disabling it but no change.

Thank you for the screen shot.

It is rather odd the board posts at 2400mhz when cmos is cleared. Its not supposed to do that.

Have you tried a different bios version?

I have not tried a different bios, but that is a great idea. I'll give that a shot.

Dang, same results with those two slots on 7B78v23 and 7B78v22. I'm for sure going to pick up that Asrock Taichi board now, lol. I'm open to other ideas and am thankful for everyone's help thus far.

give the msi forums a try Custom. they hide all kinds of cool bios versions that only mods can access. being that yours is from nov i would say theres got to at least be a beta floating around you could try.

Maybe run just one stick of RAM at a time and dial them all in seperately. You find one stick is just being naughty and also can find a happy place for all the sticks.

With the IMC having it easy on a single stick, the mem may clock higher.

You 1700x clobbers my 2700x with memory speeds. Im stuck at 2666mhz cas 14-13-13. One click higher in speed and any timing set, blue screens on post. My 1400 on the A320 chipset can run 1500mhz and change stable. The A320 used to act the same way. At nearly a year later, I updated bios per MacsBeach suggestion and bam. Went from a max of 2400 to 3000mhz in the snap of a bios flash. Maxfly gave you a great lead! Awesome.

Yeah it's so weird, I haven't encountered this blatant of a wall before. I've tried all 8 sticks in those two slots and nothing will post above 2933MHz. I made a post on the forums, will see if someone has any input. I've also been searching their threads too but nothing quite like what I'm seeing...

I find it super strange that board posts memory at 2400Mhz. I wish mine would post 2933. I watch everyone else have fun with much higher memory frequencies. I can't even post C13 because the board just sets it to 14 no matter what I ask of it lol. Drives me nuts. There's no one that can help except Asus and a new Bios sadly enough. So far it's been Cpu and Raid support updates.... I still wait.

Good idea on snagging another board. Not sure about AsRock boards, but I hope it dials in over 1500Mhz for you!

I've been super fortunate with my previous Asrock boards when it comes to memory, I'm hoping that trend continues, lol. Sorry you haven't had luck with your Asus board.

Finally updated the signature, lol.

Sig is good. Looks nice. It's funny how all the i7's are underneath the AMD Ryzen setup. Haven't seen a trend like this for many years. I've been around the forums much longer than 2012.... just not this one...But I really am enjoying watching the trend move more and more back to AMD for a while. These processors have very good compute power despite issues here and there that can arise on any platform.

Had bad luck with an AsRock Z77 board in the past. It overclocked like a champ, but could only utilize 2 memory slots. I was fine with it, pretty solid board. Brought my 3770K to 5.2ghz cpu max on custom liquid. Had a lot of fun with it!

My experience so far is a little different than yours. I've been Gaming mostly between 4300 and 4400Mhz Cpu clocks but with SMT off and running between 4 and 8 cores. Found the Epeen to be a little better for a lot of things that aren't going to be using 16 threads IE: most anything I do at home haha. Even for gaming.... I can run 4450Mhz at 4cores and yield better FPS in a whole lot of games vs running 16 threads at say 4.1ghz at best case stable scenario cause of the stock cooling. I've seen some pretty high temps in the 70's Celsius range. Even got some SuperPi mod runs in at 4500Mhz too. And you speak of wall.... that's right where my Cpu tops out without way better cooling lol. 25Mhz more and it fails loading windows every time. Almost rock stable at 4500Mhz however. Super strange.

I can't make out the last line of your sig. Dark blue on black background.

Did this just for you custom90gt, spent a couple hours getting this to work it's 4 DIMMS from two kits, different speeds and timings but managed to get something that ran for over an hour in AIDA64 cache and memory stress test. This might give you a good starting point for timings DRAM voltage is 1.4 V 3200 CL14

4dimms 3200 custom.JPG

Back