• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700x help (cache failure, high latency, etc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hah well I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I was able to get windows booted back up

Bad news: EVERYTHING is gone.

Yeah I'm about a trip away to microcenter from going back to Intel.

Could it be a failing drive? I have experienced weird behaviour when an SSD was on it's way out

I suppose it could be, it's a brand new SX8200 but that doesn't mean it's still good. The files are still there it is just that Win10 decided to refresh itself so it doesn't recognize any installed drivers/programs/user states, etc.

Well it's for sure the motherboard. I put a different NVMe SSD in and I'm having the same issues. Just froze when trying to install my AE-5 drivers. Really sad I sold that MSI motherboard a few days ago since ASROCK refuses to do advance replacement RMA...

Yeah I agree it's a board problem. I regret selling my MSI board now even though it sucked for overclocking. I haven't had anything but problems since switching from Intel though.

Through the first six months after the initial Ryzen release I had niggling little issues with every one of the dozen or so Ryzen builds I put together. Then in November 2017, I picked up one of the post week 25 "fixed" 1700X chips and it ran "just like an Intel". I've built several since then, and all worked fine with the later CPUs, using ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI motherboards.

Through the first six months after the initial Ryzen release I had niggling little issues with every one of the dozen or so Ryzen builds I put together. Then in November 2017, I picked up one of the post week 25 "fixed" 1700X chips and it ran "just like an Intel". I've built several since then, and all worked fine with the later CPUs, using ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI motherboards.

Interesting, I have no idea what the build date is of this CPU, I'd have to look.

Sadly it's just been one pain after another.

The MSI wouldn't overclock the ram over 2933MHz on 2 of the dimms and took ALOT more voltage to hit 4.2GHz.

This Taichi seems to overclock well but these southbridge issues are annoying. It won't boot into windows if I turn the wireless on as well...

strange customgt. I have the board and haven't had many issues, although buildzoid did anepisode stating there were some bios problems early on. One problem I had was the vcore offset was stuck at -0.1v if I enabled offset mode. I flashed to the latest bios and haven't had that problem since. I never had any of the problems you're describing though, but I also don't use a NVME. Just thinking if it's been sitting on a shelf at microcenter for 8 months, probably could use a flash.

Not sure if this would matter, but are you running the AMD chipset drivers? I just installed all of the drivers from the asrock support webpage.

strange customgt. I have the board and haven't had many issues, although buildzoid did anepisode stating there were some bios problems early on. One problem I had was the vcore offset was stuck at -0.1v if I enabled offset mode. I flashed to the latest bios and haven't had that problem since. I never had any of the problems you're describing though, but I also don't use a NVME. Just thinking if it's been sitting on a shelf at microcenter for 8 months, probably could use a flash.

Not sure if this would matter, but are you running the AMD chipset drivers? I just installed all of the drivers from the asrock support webpage.

Yeah I don't understand what is going on. Have you ever tried to update the Intel LAN drivers on yours?

I have already flashed the bios to the latest (2.0 or something I think). I am running the AMD chipset drivers (from October I believe).

I have the system up and running right now and am going to do some images of the install (because reinstalling all the software/network shares/etc is a total pain). I'm going to try reinstalling the new Intel NIC drivers to see if the system stops booting into windows again.

Back