• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikhaildg

Registered
Just bought the ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel motherboard paired with i7-7700k for streaming. Will this be enough? Also what are some recommendations for ram 16GB DDr4 that fit this board. been doing research but cant decided. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have the noctua NDH15 so hope thats enough but one of the fans is covering the memory slots so i am wondering if i mounted the fans wrong

If you're going with 2 sticks of ram, they go into slots #2 & #4. You should be able to clear it.
The NH-D15 is a hell of a sink and will do very well.

Okay awesome. So any ram that sais IntelZ170 will still work for my board? And how will this system handle streaming. I have a gtx 780 so i hope that wont bottleneck the 7700k.

Yes, any 3200Mhz ram, even if it states "Z170" will work fine. Just set XMP profile in the bios and it'll rock just fine. Hmm, the only bottleneck would be that 780. Depending on the rez, I'm sure it'll do 1080 fine. Anything higher than that, the vid card will choke. Maybe overclocking the video card a little to get more performance will help, but not guaranteed.

I notice with my current setup, streaming on twitch playing FC4 I get a micro delay/stutter. Not sure if it's the game itself, the streaming service or both combined that makes it happen. I play @ 1440 with everything cranked to ultra. So unsure if that will happen to you with that 780.

Thats my whole perpouse behind uograding the cpu and board as well as getting the best air cooler possible. I had a i7-2700k and i couldnt get past 25fps on 1920x1080 resolution.

I have the noctua NDH15 so hope thats enough but one of the fans is covering the memory slots so i am wondering if i mounted the fans wrong

I have that heatsink, you can put that second fan on the back of the tower as well. Then it won't interfere with the ram

Okay but still need help with the question of weather i can stream at 60 fps in 1920 by 1080 without issues with this setup or do i need to upgrade my gpu?

i would test the 780 first before pulling the trigger. if nothing but for reference if you reuse your old gear. your fps is dependent upon your gpu so your most likely going to replace the 780 in order to achieve 60fps.

Back