• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 broken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heke

Hello lads!

So I finally decided to make a move from lga1366 to lga1155 as I got a nice offer from my lga1366 setup.

I started searching for decent parts for the 1155 setup and this guy was selling z68 extreme 3 gen 3 as a "non-overclockable" one because he had scratched the memory lanes(?) see pic _here_. The MB was cheap so i bought it and I was thinking that it was a easy fix.

Well I started working with it and got some gear to help me. The bigger lane was my first objective but before I started the soldering operation, I checked the lane with multimeter from both ends and noticed that it was still connected.

As you can see from the pic you would expect that the bigger lane is broken at least but no. I just ended up covering the area and I've to take another look when I've got the setup to try it out.

The seller said that the mb is fully working with 1333mhz memory and the problem is with the 1600mhz ones and it wont boot with them etc. So the question is that if I buy 1600mhz and OC them to 1866mhz for example (which is listed as supported memory when OC'd) would they use another lanes than the 1600mhz uses or how does the memory lanes work actually?

And yeah, I'm from Finland so I really can't write proper english.. Sorry about that :p

Last edited:
Okay i guessed that this is a hard one but no answers at all? :D

I'm guessing it's because of the size of the *.jpg you linked to. I'm thinking that most folks, including myself, don't want to have to sit and wait for a pic. that size to load. I waited about 30sec., then gave up after only approx. 50% of the pic. loaded.

I'm guessing it's because of the size of the *.jpg you linked to. I'm thinking that most folks, including myself, don't want to have to sit and wait for a pic. that size to load. I waited about 30sec., then gave up after only approx. 50% of the pic. loaded.

Oh ok, I edited it.

Much better, although the scratched traces are pretty hard to make out.

Haha well thats why I uploaded the big picture first ;) 100m upload so thought that it doesn't take that long to load but what do you know :)

Anyways, mostly the question was that does someone know
what lanes does the 1866mhz (OC) and 2133mhz (OC) frequencies use? Do they have their own lane or the same with 1600mhz?

Back