• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Z77 Extreme4 PCIE2 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EVstrine

Ive reached the limit of my understanding on this topic so heres my problem.

Originally this board and my gtx 670 sli were working fine, and I was tinkering with Nvidia CP. Had some problems but my system is fine now, except for sli not working.

I have narrowed it down to my PCI-E2(board has 2, the problem one is the bottom one).
I tried both cards on PCIE1(top one) and both of them worked fine, I had access to Nvidia controls and everything so im guessing they are good.
I then tried both of the cards on PCIE2 and it was weird, power and fan works because when I attached a dvi cable to the card on PCIE2 it showed on my monitor, but limited to 1600x900 resolution and no access to Nvidia CP also being slow.

Replace it with a new mobo?

You know, I have the opposite issue that you do. I run the same board, but with only 1 GTX770. No other cards installed, tried both slots, updated all drivers, and according to all the hardware monitors, only run it at x8 speed...and AIDA says my SLI is enabled some how...did the render test with GPU-Z and still stuck at x8.

I honestly think that the board is just poor quality and is possibly damaged =/ might be the same in your case

Back