• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Models

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like 3...

One has Thunderbolt ports (TB4 version), then one without, and one has quad PCIe slots. Otherwise, looks the same to me as far as power delivery and such.

EDIT: Though curiously, the quad SLI one only has 3 16x physical PCIe slots, so no idea how that is even possible to do quad SLI/CFx outside of dual GPU videocards (which the other boards can do as well), LOL! It looks exactly like the first... so maybe actually 2 models, the original and TB4?

Last edited:
I have always liked how New Egg has the overview and details set up for there products, but I have found Amazon packs the products better for shipping.The first 2 boards listed from New Egg are clearly different boards, with a slight increase in price.Looks more like a marketing hype than real value.The other board from Amazon is the same motherboard New Egg is selling.Not TB4 version, the other board.The difference is a 40 dollar price.Amazons prices change on a constant basis with third party venders, but that is a big difference.Normally, both venders are close in pricing, the edge going to Amazon.After reading all the specs, there is no difference in these motherboards.It looks like Amazon is doing some creative advertizing.Our some false advertizing.I also have looked at Intel's 4 gen boards on Amazon, and there pulling the same baloney.

Last edited:
Its not marketing hype... the TB4, which is $10 more, has Thunderbolt ports. Those are real, tangible, ports.

Amazon has a higher price. I wouldnt think its creative advertising, just not labeled correctly. I can't imagine they are smart enough to market that way, but I don't think its even smart to do that in the first place as there are so few who run quad SLI. If they were false advertising, I would imagine it would be on a feature a lot more people would use.

Its not marketing hype... the TB4, which is $10 more, has Thunderbolt ports. Those are real, tangible, ports.

I stand corrected.Good to know.I have bought parts for Newegg for years.I always price both venders for every build.There is always a 20- 30 dollar difference in favor of Amazon.Grant it prices fluctuate, but I keep stuff in the cart on Amazon and watch how the pricing rolls.For the last build I saved 40 dollars on the same parts.New Egg is starting to price match lately, so those odds could even out more.It just depends on the particular product.As far as not being labeled correctly.It sure seems that happens with alot of items, as far as motherboards.I guess its all about reading the fine print.

Back