• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Z77 Extreme6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PseudoSeven

Registered
Hey Guys.

I'm planing a new build in feb and the part that I'm having the hardest time deciding on is the MOBO. I know I would like something Equivalent to the Extreme6, I'm not 100% sold on it as iv read reviews about the Bios being a pain in some instances and some people have had issues when it came time to overclocking. It will also depend on what is on sale at the time :shrug: :D.

So what would guys recommend Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, MISC? what would be comparable?

Cheers!

the best one will be ASUS Maximus V for sure.
if you want a good one, you get what you pay for.

I heard mixed review for EVGA and Gigabytes, so I won't go there myself.

Both the Asrock Z77 Extreme6 and Extreme4 are dam fine boards. Great clocking boards if you want to save some money.

Don't bother going for the Asus Max edition boards unless you want to dig in your pockets deeper. These are pretty much benching boards with a big price tag and will be overkill for what you're looking for.

The GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H is a sweet board for the price. I'm in luv with the UD5H. I've got a Sniper M3 on the way.

Low end EVGA boards are a hit or a miss. Higher end ones are pricey.

i have the Asrock Extreme 6 Z77 and I have my 3570K at 4.4Ghz, its a nice solid board, easy to set up and handles OC well, I got 4.4Ghz stable in less than half an hour and that was my first attempt with Z77 tech

+1 Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 It's a proven board here at OC forms and has a 3 year warranty.:cool::popcorn:

Any opinion on the MSI Big Bang Series or the Asus Sabertooth?
MSI board is solid, but like the Asus board trueblack mentioned, is WAY overkill for your needs.

The Sabertooth is also a solid board, however is too gimmicky to me and is more expensive for almost no reason (has 5 year warranty). Id rather have the extreme 6. That Sabertooth is never high on my list...

Yeah, I did have a read threw that, It was good information and the ASrock is number 1 on my list. However the reason why I'm asking is A. I was told that brand Loyalty is not something that is in my favor, Okay fair enough and secondly It will depend what's on sale In Feb which is when I intend to buy and build.

I have a hard time with Brand loyalty, 1 desktop computer and one laptop have had MSI MOBOs and Performed very well and out lasted any other computer I'v owned, Iv had quite a few Corsair products that are still doing great, So again I tend to lean that way. Iv had bad experiences with Radeon GPUs, I may try them again later, but as it stands now I'm interested in going Geforce. If a Product preforms well for me, I tend to stick with them, I'm trying to brake that habit. Anyways that's off topic.

As for the MOBOS I'd like to start piecing the computer this upcoming Feb, My number one pick Is the extreme6 BUT! if there is a great deal on a Big Bang and it's 60$ cheaper then Ill probably go with the better deal. That is why I'm trying to find opinions on what is comparable to the Extreme6. I'm a little bit jealous of the Americans on this site, the deals on Newegg USA are far superior to the ones I'v seen on the Canadian Newegg. :temper: :drool:

The extreme 6 is a decent board, but stay away from the extreme 4. I would recommend the gigabyte Z77 UD ur UP series of boards. Gig has really brought there A game to the Z77 market after a huge miss with Z68

Seems like GB Z77 UP series are less picky about memory than UD ( especially older IC ).

From other boards, I'm testing MSI MPOWER for last couple of days. So far it's acting about the same as MVG and seems even more user friendly. It's also running about the same with memory that I have ( and I already checked about 7 kits ).
It's actually best MSI board that I saw for years.

Seems like GB Z77 UP series are less picky about memory than UD ( especially older IC ).

From other boards, I'm testing MSI MPOWER for last couple of days. So far it's acting about the same as MVG and seems even more user friendly. It's also running about the same with memory that I have ( and I already checked about 7 kits ).
It's actually best MSI board that I saw for years.

u should write a review for a few z77 boards!

Kool Beans! well. The deal is on until the 31, I will wait until the 9th or 10th when NCIX changes their weekly sale and see if there is anything enticing that I can order along with the MOBO to justify the shipping. Cheers for all the help!

+1 I'm on my second AsRock MB and have had 0 issues..

Count me in also, I have the Z77 Extreme 4 and an ASrock AMD board I got awhile back when I was in a pinch. Both have worked flawlessly from day 1. I took my alliegence from Asus and moved to ASrock. I cannot speak for service and customer support because I have never had to use them :thup:

absolutely nothing wrong with the asrock bios as far as I can see. very easy to navigate, just different than some others on layout. but that can be said for most boards, its whatever you are familiar with. as far as I have seen the asrock boards are the fastest booting and usually run very cool for the same settings as other boards.
I have the z77 ex6 and oc formula boards and really like both. the z77 oc board did take my sammy rams about 200mhz farther than the ex6 did

Back