• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock z77 oc formula- best bios settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Can someone review my settings and make recommendations and/or point me to any high overclock bios templates? Atm am running a 2600k under ss phase (vrm/nb under water). Run 54x, 100BCLK no problem and have BCLK up to 108 (35x). Have gotten 5500 but trying to push a little further (so am in ok boints-land)...ideally would like to get to whatever max I can hit with the board as I'll be using it for a number of other cpus.

Am also wading through the over 275 page thread at OCN but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for yet. http://www.overclock.net/t/1254599/official-asrock-z77-discussion-owners-club
Also...anyone know if setfsb or clockgen work with this board? Anyone know the PLL?

tia for any guidance!!!!

NickShih's OC Profile- default
OC Tweaking- disabled
LN2 Mode- enabled
Super Pi 32M Tweak- disabled

CPU Ratio- all cores
All Core- 54
BCLK- 100
Spread Spectrum- disabled
Intel Speedstep- enabled
Intel Turbo Boost- +0.039v
Additional Turbo Voltage- enabled
Int PLL Overvoltage- enabled
Long Duration Power Limit- 4095
Long Duration Maintained- 128s
Short Duration Power Limit- 4095
Primary Plance Current Limit- 1023
Secondary Plance Current Limit- 1023
GT Overclocking Support- disabled

Load XMP Settings- auto
DRAM Freq- ddr3-1866
DRAM Timing Mode- performance
DRAM Config- manually set to 9-9-9-24, Command Rate=auto

Power Saving Mode- disabled
Extreme Voltage- enabled
PWM Switching Freq- 600k
PWM Curr Threshold- enthusiasm
CPU Voltage- fixed
Fixed Voltage- 1.68v
CPU LLC- level 2
IGPU Voltage- auto
IGPU LLC- auto
DRAM Voltage- 1.65v
VTT CPU 1 Voltage- 1.141
VTT CPU 2 Voltage- auto
VCCSA Voltage- 1.153
VTT DDR Voltage- auto
PCH 1 Voltage- 1.171
PCH 2 Voltage- auto
PCH DMI Voltage- auto
PCH COMP Strength- auto
XCLK RCOMP Voltage- auto
CPU PLL Voltage- 1.725

CPU Config:
HT- disabled
Active Processor Cores- all
C1E- enabled
C3- disabled
C6- disabled
Package C- disabled
CPU Thermal Throttling- enabled
Limit CPUID Maximum- disabled
No-Execute Memory Protection- enabled
Intel VT- enabled
Hardware Prefetcher- enabled
Adjacent Cache Prefetch- enabled

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that board but I have the ASRock Z77 Extreme9 and I left most of that stuff on auto except for I changed the vcore, RAM voltage and timmings, LLC and a few other things. And with mostly 'auto' settings I overclocked my 2600k to 5GHz no problem.

Edit... As far as the PLL goes its normally 1.8V but on auto with PLL over voltage enabled it can hover around 1.83V on some extreme overclocks. I think you should either set it to 1.8V or leave it on auto.

Edit... OOPS I didn't see your multiplier till now... 55x is awesome! The reality is that you're probably at the limits of the cpu 1.68V is extremely high voltage! Don't forget that even if your temps are in check you can still kill a chip with too much voltage.

Last edited:
Thanks King. Will up the PLL voltage a bit then try backing off vcpu. Nah...can't do 55x...got it over 5ghz with pretty much everything on auto but getting further's been kind of difficult.

I personally wouldnt go over 1.5V on the vcore...

Bump the cpu LLC to level 1 too.

1.5v is nothing on phase. Neither is 1.68 really. You are benchmarking not daily driving...Also PLL voltage and PLL override are two different things in that, enabling the latter does not affect the former. You wanted this in the benching section to get more appropriate answers for your activities...

That said, you cant use a Nick Shih profile? Like set up the 5GHz profile so it changes the power settings for you, then just use the bclk/vcore/etc to get up there?

Or you can use that nifty little windows based overclocking utility that work with keyboard shortcuts. I forgot its name

So your limit is 55x multi on the CPU? (you do know SB CPU's hit a HARD wall right?). Try using a 53x with a 104 bclk...

Thanks folks. Can use Nick's profile 11 (5ghz) np. Ln2 profile won't boot. Using just vcore and bclk get to a no boot state with even a minimum bump. Can boot to 54x at more or less stock settings (with a little vcore) but even 100.5 bclk won't go. Can get to windows at 53x, 104 bclk with basically the above settings. Just looking to squeeze another couple 100 MHz out (well, of course, would like to get the max out of the mobo and CPU).

Guys I need help..

My Specs: Assrock OC Formula Z77 mb
Intel I7 3770K
Corsair dominator 2400 16 gig
AMD Sapphire R270X in Crossfire
128 GIG SSd OCZ

As soon as I use the OC profiles provide I can not OC my rig past 4.4 if lucky..

Can anyone plz help me with settings or some kind of advise

Would love to help you out Bulletsnake but I moved to a different board :/

Back