• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Assembled PC, cannot get PSU to turn on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLMitchell

Hello, this is my first post on the forums. I have just built a pc and have completed my loop. I ordered a bridge tool for the 24pin to easily run the pump while leak testing. I can not get the PSU to power the pump. Coming from the pump is a molex connector with 2 pins. I have connected this to a cord I have that has 2 molex connectors and a 6 pin on the other end. I plugged the 6 pin into the PSU. Also coming from the pump is a 4 pin connector with one wire leading to it. I have plugged that into a pinout on the mobo that says "sys_fan_pump". I plugged the motherboard plug into the PSU and the other end has the bridge tool plugged onto it with the wire to trick the PSU. I have plugged the PSU in, flipped the switch, waited, pump does not come on. I'm not sure what to do, just a tad upset! I would really appreciate the help, thank you all. PC specs posted below

SeaSonic - Snow Silent 750W 80+ Platinum

XSPC D5 Ph​oton Reser​voir/Pump ​Combo

XSPC ATX PSU Bridge Tool (24 Pin)

I7 7700k (watercooled)

Gigabyte z270x Gaming 7 (watercooled)

Corsair 4x8 DDR4 3000 MHz (watercooled)

Samsung 850EVO 500gb

Zotac gtx 1080ti (watercooled)

Thermaltake Core P5 case

A-HA! I looked closely and realized I only had one of the two pins leading out of the mobo plugged into the PSU. I plugged in the second connector, the 10 pin, and whala!

Question: Why would watercool the ram? Is it for the bling effect?

Yes sir, first build and I decided I really wanted the bling factor. I will post photos relatively soon when I get all my cable management done!

Ahh, I see. Just a thought tho: Watercooling the ram is a waste as the modules don't even get warm, let alone hot enough, to be watercooled. Looking forward to pics :thup:

Back