• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AstroPulse Optimizer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All four finished, looks like they are averaging about 16 hours to completion (46.7 credits per CPU hour). However, this is not a true indication as I've had some other stuff taking up CPU cycles during this timeframe and having some RAM issues. This is quite a bit lower than even doing small WUs (60.5 credits per CPU hour) but I want to see how well this does now that I've got stability issues corrected. Had to drop RAM down on it from 1GHz to 963 MHz so it shouldn't affect much other than it's going to run stable again.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=367441359 verified
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=372642691 not verified yet.

Last edited:
Boy, I am ****ed about these AP work units now!:mad:

I just checked out the stats on them and I now have 2 completed wu's that have a wingman and neither myself or my wingman are being granted any credit on the ****ers! My laptop put in 83,235.77 seconds of cpu time on the one I'm looking at right now and claimed 759.41 crdits and noether of us are showing any granted credits!:temper:

This IS TOTAL BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dumping the rest of these crappy AP wu's and reverting back to my original appinfo.xml file!:mad:

BTW, here's linkage showing how they screwed me: Linkage!

I don't think you've been screwed as yet. Looks to me like you and your wingman didn't agree so rig #3 will crunch it as the tie-breaker ...

I just checked out the stats on them and I now have 2 completed wu's that have a wingman and neither myself or my wingman are being granted any credit on the ****ers! Linkage!

Its just due to the application mismatch. I believe they run a separate script for the purpose of validating results where one person crunched with AP v5 and others with the older v4.xx app. Don't ask me how long it will take to catch up to you and grant credit but apparently it does work and everything gets sorted out. Should happen less and less as more people switch off the older astropulse apps as well.

Last edited:
Well, they don't have to worry about me messing with AP for now! I'm still steamed about this. I'm also not too proud of the 8 MB downloads these AP wu's bring too. It wouldn't bother me at the house but when I'm on the rig offshore I try to limit large file transfers because of shared bandwidth concerns, as well as metered service. If they ever make S@H to where I can't opt out of AP work I will be going to another project.

Well, having done a goods comparison of AP units compared to "normal" WUs I've decided not to support these things, either. Simply put, they just don't deliver a good return on the time invested. They only come close to matching the smaller WUs and they don't hold a candle to the larger ones.

I'm out until a better optimizer comes along or the credits are equalized some other way. Just waiting to finish up the current AP (1 hour to go) then I'll restart BIONC with the old AK_v8 *.xml ...

I'm out until a better optimizer comes along or the credits are equalized some other way. Just waiting to finish up the current AP (1 hour to go) then I'll restart BIONC with the old AK_v8 *.xml ...

I also dumped the APs until someone comes out with a better optimizer for them... like AK_v8 with SSE 4.1 or something like that.

Back