• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS announces RTX 3080 Noctua Edition Graphics Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Feature-ASUS.jpg
Today, ASUS announced the GeForce RTX 3080 Noctua Edition GPU. This is in response to the excellent feedback ASUS and Noctua received with the GeForce RTX 3070 Noctua Edition released in October of 2021. The partnership between ASUS and Noctua is truly a win-win situation with the graphics cards running cooler and quieter. In addition, those of you that are in love with the Noctua brown and tan get to take that aesthetic one step further now with the GPU cooler. While pricing was not mentioned in the press release, availability is expected in early June. For complete details about the new ASUS RTX 3080 Noctua Edition, continue reading ASUS' press release below.
Click here to read more!

OMG it's ugly as sin. But...why? Love the noctua fans, but can never wrap my head around it's ugly colors. It's like it's made to match with Asus' Sabertooth motherboards.

That shroud is chunky.

And my question is why at the end of the GPU's run do they do this? Wouldn't it make sense to be designing 4000 series cards/cooling?

You can easily replace the brown fans for the chromax.black, the shroud on the other hand....

10GB is a very weird choice. That's like producing a new model of a 2080 when the 2080 super already came out.

10GB is a very weird choice. That's like producing a new model of a 2080 when the 2080 super already came out.
Why is 10GB weird? It's plenty of vRAM for what it can power, 2560x1440 (even 4K). This is simply a new cooler/fans... not a new SKU carved out of the product stack. It's more like adding another tier of card in the same family. THis is still a 3080, but with a nicer (subjective, that... these are fugly to me) set of fans.

Why is 10GB weird? It's plenty of vRAM for what it can power, 2560x1440 (even 4K). This is simply a new cooler/fans... not a new SKU carved out of the product stack. It's more like adding another tier of card in the same family. THis is still a 3080, but with a nicer (subjective, that... these are fugly to me) set of fans.
It's not that the 10GB model can't perform, it's just that it was first released in 2020, and refreshed in 2022 with the 12GB. Releasing a new cooling solution for a card that had already gone through a refresh, a few months before the (presumably) new series is announced/released, still seems weird to me.
Again, I think it's like releasing a new cooling solution for the 2080 when the 2080s was already out.

Ahh, I see what you're saying now. That said, it doesn't bother me considering this had to be started well before the refresh came out. It's just another version... it doesn't have to be on the refresh.

I think it's stranger (considering how good the cooling is), that ASUS didn't allow for much higher voltage limit for extra OC (more so with the 3070), I mean, as it stands it's... A tad over average? Could have potentially clocked much higher if it has the good caps config, or was this release marketed just for the "no noise" setups?

Back