• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus CrossHair Build (SATA SPECIFIC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5h4rkbyt3

Registered
This is a fresh build for me and the first with really up to date components. I do have a question however that I'd appreciate some knowledgeable people to help me with.

On my Asus Crosshair IV Formula mobo I am installing a Corsair 64Gb SSD, 2 WD Black Caviar Enterprise R3 HDDs 1 Tb each, and an Asus Blu-Ray drive. My question is when I connect them to the SATA ports on my motherboard is there a certain order they should be connected i.e. SSD in SATA1, etc? Just want to make sure I set this up properly. I would very much appreciate the wisdom of those here more experienced than me in building. Thank you ahead of time for your generosity.

Shouldn't make any difference although on some boards one of the SATA ports is reserved for PATA compatibility or IDE mode in case there were problems runnning a SATA drive in AHCI mode. SATA drives plugged to that port might see a performance penalty. That was probably a transition technology, however, and may not be found on the newest generation of boards.

Back