• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build wanting to use m2 on ASUS Prime X470-Pro as main drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cctek

Registered
Need advice on new build in progress using ASUS Prime X470-Pro AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX mobo AMD Ryzen 5 2600x. I want to run entire system using 1TB m2 stick. Is it possible to dl win 10 in this particular m2 stick and I need to know the diff between the 2 and which one is acceptable..Samsung 970 EVO 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) for $247 or Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD Black/Red (MZ-V7P1T0BW) $413. What is the difference between the 2 Besides the price. Can I use the cheaper one as my main drive ??? I do have samsung sata 500gb I can use for backup storage and or spinner 2 tb WDThx so much ahead of time...

Just go with the EVO, the biggest difference is the type of NAND used (2-bit VS 3-bit) which gives the PRO a longer lifespan and slightly higher performance but for the price difference and your use the EVO is fine

another is that under extended writes the evo will slow down while the pro will sustain it's write speed.
I'm not talking minutes of writes, hours of writes.
so if you are editing huge videos or something like that get the pro otherwise, get the evo because you will never see it.
you are shopping speed, price and bling, ssd's are so reliable these days, not much to worry about after you figure out sata/pcie and the connectors.

My 2600x and MSI X470 runs great..but I think I overheated it baddd...Pump totally quit overnight while I was asleep. thermal shutdown....

It's ok but still...I'll run it later...finish dogging out the 7700k/EVGA some more.

Is this related to the original poster's question in some way?

Back