• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CHUDmac

Registered
Is there any way to permanently skip the BIOS screen on the above-mentioned motherboard?

When I turn on my laptop, it starts loading Windows; when I turn on my desktop, it goes to the BIOS screen everytime and I have to switch the order of my boot drives, save and exit, and then reboot and run the default settings. I just want to turn the thing on and go right into Windows.

What do I have to do in my BIOS to permanently set my SSD as the boot drive and skip the BIOS screen everytime I turn on my computer?

Have you tried updating the bios to the newest version? What you are doing is the right way... Are you overclocked?

No, I'm not overclocked. Not sure if I want to OC. This is my first build so I would just love to get this thing running (it's been a lot harder than I thought it would be). I just want to press the power button and have it start loading Windows like every other computer I've ever owned, but it always takes me to the BIOS screen and I have to mess around with the boot drive order because it never saves my changes after I turn off the system.

It seems like every post are people trying to figure out which key to hit to get to the BIOS. I'm trying to get away from the BIOS and just load Windows when I turn it on.

Almost sounds like the CMOS battery isnt good...

Id try updating the bios first. If that doesnt work, then grab a battery for the board.

If it does turn out to be a dead battery, then after you put a good one in then make sure you re-set the date/time before you go into windows. If you don't then the difference in the date/time is going to raise hell with your software, including the OS.

Back