• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus evo r2.0 and gtx 1660 super

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gin

Hi, I upgraded my old gtx 1050 for a new 1660 super and after installing it, there is no signal; black screen all the way from boot to windows, I know the system boots into windows because the mouse and keyboard keys work and if I blindfolded click start menu I can shutdown windows. I can't do anything to fix it so far and would like some advice to try. Thank you in advance.

I read in amazon jp "since I bought the card from there" one comment on the card after google translate said something about card not working or recognizing system if running on MBR. My system is actually on MBR would this have anything to do with this?

I would guess there would be more of a chance of it wanting eufi rather than the older bios. MBR would not matter in bios before windows starts to boot.
I suspect there is a chance that it could be the hdmi/dp port being used

I put back old vga and system got image so I did set UP all uffi options enable and disable legacy boot on bios. Formated disk as gpt and as a miracle my 1660 super is now giving image!! I hope this can help People with old hardware am3 + mobo and newer gpu. Than you sir. Promlem solved. PD this New vga doing waaay better than my old 1050 nice stuff!

Back