• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A79T BSODs. Might be memoryissue HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wydbob

Systemspecs:

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe, Socket-AM3
AMD 790FX+SB750

Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9
Kit w/2x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, 1.8V

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Western Digital Caviar® Black™ 500GB

Corsair TX 650W PSU

XFX Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5

About 2 year old rig and have from start been suffering from random sporadic freezes which only a hardreset can resolve.
I am now also experiencing alot of bluescreens mostly while gaming Heroes of newerth but also while doing anything else.
This is extremely annoying since i cant do anything without the compueter bluescreening.
I've read in various forums, also here that this particular MoBo has these problems and that alot of people are having the same bull**** as I do.
I checked the QVL on ASUS site for memory and found out that my memorysticks wasn't in there so my guesses are that these memorysticks makes my system instable.
Could this be true and what can i do to atleast reduce the freezes and or BSODs?

So far i've tried:

Flashing bios, didn't help.
lowering ramfrequency from 1600 mhz to 1333 mhz, didn't help.
changing from 1T to 2T, didn't help.
The RAMvoltage was first set to auto but its now on 1.66 V, not sure where it should be and not sure how far i can push it without damaging my hardware.

I have not changed the timings which maybe i should?

Seems like this piece of shiet MoBo cant run stable regardless of what i do.

Help me please i can't live with several freezes and or BSODs every hour.

Thanks!

I think your next step is to run Memtest86. Some mobo's have it built into the BIOS but it can be booted from a flash drive or cd also. Let that run with one stick then the other to rule out bad RAM.

I think your next step is to run Memtest86. Some mobo's have it built into the BIOS but it can be booted from a flash drive or cd also. Let that run with one stick then the other to rule out bad RAM.

I've dones this for a couple of hours without any errors.
So my RAMs should be working as intended.

The specified voltage for my RAMs are 1.8 V and currently they are set to 1.66 V. Will increasing the voltage make my system more stable? Can doing this harm any other components than the RAM?

The specified voltage for my RAMs are 1.8 V = Then that is the voltage the ram expects to see when in use.

So i can put it at 1-8 V without damaging anything?

Anyways my system was stable yesterday for 8 hours + at 1.66 V but this mornning when i wanted to boot it didn't even post.
Told me i had bad bios checksum. So i cut the power and booted up again and it worked. Only to realize all my biossettings were back to default.

I booted up without going in to bios and it BSODed almost instantly.
Now I'm back in again after putting the settings back to what i had them on.
Stable so far....

Can someone explain to me how a computer works one night then the next morning it just suddenly decides to not boot even thou i properly turned it off.

And why does biossettings reset themselfs after cutting the power to the rig isn't this what the cmosbattery and cmosjumper is for? :S

Back