• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A89GTD weird boot sequence

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atrayu

I've perused these forums often, but never signed up. I figure if anyone in this wide world has seen this, y'all have.

I have the above mentioned motherboard, left it sit running the other day and came home to all the case lights on... but no one was home. After 3 reboots I got a post, I believe that is an automatic function of the board(thanks ASUS) but now I'm getting some crazy screen flashes during boot and it asks me to enter setup or set defaults quite often. This has caused me some concern, but more concerning yet... I'm getting lag in my favorite games where it didn't exist prior to this!! Most disheartening... I've flashed the BIOS but it didn't seem to help. What do y'all think?

Mat :comp:

:welcome: to OCF!

Don't know if these will work but:
Try pulling the battery for awhile and see of that takes care of it.

If that doesn't work remove one stick of RAM, reset and boot to Windows, then shut down and put the stick back in.

Back