• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4N82 Deluxe vdroop problems? or is this normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

velozzity

I have recently purchased a Asus m4n82 deluxe because of future plans to upgrade processor and purchase additional video card to run in sli, and was trying today to dial in a stable overclock. I noticed when I set the CPU voltage to 1.475 it showed true voltage of 1.456 in cpu-z. Whenever I started running a stress testing program, voltage dropped and fluctuated between 1.440 and 1.424 volts. I even tried upping the CPU vdda voltage from auto to 2.5 - 2.6 -2.7, no noticeable change only slightly more stability and at 2.7 it fluctuated occasionly to 1.424 but rarely. Is this amount of vdroop normal.

I am coming from a Gigabyte board which overclocked similarly (max oc on processor around same point with both board) but on that board if voltage was set at 1.45 it showed 1.44 in cpu-z and when stressing it raised, let me say that again, raised to 1.456 on occasion but never went lower than 1.44.

The asus board takes a bios setting of 1.475 vcore to keep above 1.424-1.44 (fluctuates) and my old gigabyte board (which was crossfire only) if set 1.45 vcore in bios was always 1.44 or above.

Is this normal to Asus motherboards to have vdroop, and is this much normal (.05v deviation from what was set to what was actually shown under stress) or should I be looking to rma this board and get money back or replacement.

Back