• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD FX8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris1984

Good Evening gentlemen & women for those of you out there.

I like to firstly appoligies for this question it might have been answered else where but i have yet to find, I am having trouble with both the overclocking software from ASUS and AMD,it doesn't seem to be correctly stating memory locations and secondly i have yet to figure out how to set the memory to 1600mhz, as cpu-z state 800mhz fsb:dram 1:4(how do i correct this).

Does any have anyone have a guide as software on OC for this mobo, could explain the basics to me.

I would also like to state that i am a noob at overclocking, but understand the fundelmentals.

So system spec,

I have recently purchased
MOBO:ASUS M5A7L-M/USB3
PROC:AMD FX8120 BLACK
COOLER:ARCTIC 7 FREEZER
MEM:8GB 2X4GB 9:9:9:24 1.5V CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP

Thanks for any help

There is nothing to correct in CPU-Z it is listing your memory correctly.
I suggest you read the stickies at the top of the CPU/AMD threads, you will find a lot of information there for OC'ing

CPU-z will report the memory speed at half of what you expect because it's reporting the DDR bus rate, not the DDR3 transfer rate.

Sorry, my fault I was trying to get both areas covered.

Thank you for your help guys, I understand the memory issue now.

I have a last question which is better bios over clocking or using and overdrive.
I have set amd overdrive at 3.5ghz x17.5 multi ht@202 voltage 1.3v this seems to be stable.

Thanks
Ps I will remove from other thread.

Back