• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5800x FSB:DRAM Ratio...is 1:1 still the goal? How to check FCLK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

So....its been years since I've jacked with the nuance of overclocking, and system optimization. Mostly due to parts shortages and having to live with prebuilts.

I have read that I want my FCLK and Memory to be in sync. (I assuming I can check this in AMD RYZEN Master, under the home tab?
5800x alienware.PNG

Never used AMD Master software....I'm assuming this is my current config. Is that the correct assumption?

As for FSB:DRAM Ratio. This is what I show. Should it be at 1:1?

fsb ratio.PNG

Would really appreciate the insight. Thanks

Unless you can set 4800+ 1:2 at quite tight timings then 1:1 is still your goal. All seems fine on the screenshots.

Okay. Forgive me for being a little confused. You say the screenshots look fine. But you say the goal is 1:1 with fsb: dram ratio. My screenshot shows 3:54. It should read 1:1 ideally correct?

Okay. Forgive me for being a little confused. You say the screenshots look fine. But you say the goal is 1:1 with fsb: dram ratio. Min screenshot 3:54. It should read 1:1 ideally correct?
Uncore Frequency to DRAM is what should be 1:1. It is. :thup:

Okay. Forgive me for being a little confused. You say the screenshots look fine. But you say the goal is 1:1 with fsb: dram ratio. Min screenshot 3:54. It should read 1:1 ideally correct?
I think it is just reading it sightly different. If you have it set to 3600 in bios you're good

Got it. Can someone sent me a pic of their ryzen memory timings in CPU-Z please?

dejo is bragging about his 8k display or whatever it is, I can't see anything even after enabling large view :p

Btw. I finally got 5700G and I'm testing it on the Strix B550I Gaming. It can make 2500MHs/DDR4-5000 1:1 for longer tests, 1:1 stable at 2466MHz/DDR4-4933. Somehow Crosshair VIII Impact was a bit better at 1:1 (the same max clock but could run for longer without any errors) but worse at 1:2 for max memory clock. I have to send my Impact to RMA as it's shutting down under high CPU load.

Back