• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus m8e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uncle bob

Registered
My pc ran fine,no problems then I installed a custom water loop and after filling the system with water and found no leaks the next day I hooked up the rest of my pc and hit the front panel power on and all I get is the led's.No fans run no water pump no boot nothing.I just can't figure out what's wrong it should start up.I have nothing plugged into the aio pump header or the cpu fan,could that be keeping the MB from starting up.?

When I use a bridge tool to power the water pump the PSU works and powers the pump and some MB LED's.The PSU is a seasonic 1250W only 4 months use and has always ran.When done priming the water loop I remove the bridge tool and then no power to anything.Mb is new and ran OK before. I am going to go through all my cables today to see if anything is amiss,and yes after I removed the bridge tool I did plug in the 24 pin mb connector.

You might want to try loosening the waterblock on the CPU a bit. Some blocks have flimsy backplates that allow the board to bend when the block is tightened. This can cause a short in one or more solder joints under the socket or even break a trace in the board.

M8E

You might want to try loosening the waterblock on the CPU a bit. Some blocks have flimsy backplates that allow the board to bend when the block is tightened. This can cause a short in one or more solder joints under the socket or even break a trace in the board.
Yes I have been trying that slowly at a time,the back plate on this MB is pretty beefy.So far no luck though

- - - Updated - - -

The water block i am using is an xspc raystorm pro tightening screws are spring loaded,a nice WB

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I did that this morning,I went through everything top to bottom

I would check for a short somewhere too. Something may be touching a bad place. If everything worked before it should work now. Gonna be a real pain to tear it all down. Full cover blocks on the GFX cards?

I am now at the point of removing the water block and checking that the cpu is seated properly,I also tried my backup psu and had the same no results.After that I am
really really out of options,I will have to call a tech to make a house call.I have a corsair 900d fully decked out thing weighs.... alot. Oh almost forgot it's just a cpu water cooling setup no gpu watering

Yep,did that a few times

Last edited by a moderator:
To everyone who has replied thank you for all the input,OC has great people who have always helped and given very good advice.I have decided to send this MB back to newegg.com they will send me a replacement,if that one won't work i'll scratch my head again and let you know.

Back