• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximums Formula VI aircooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaigaming

I recently purchase a maximus formula and i want it just to be air cooled. The board comes with plastic plugs already plugged into the g1/4 fittings. Do i just leave them on when i installed the board?

Also, i know it is off topic but i am currently waiting to buy a non reference R9 290 over the GTX 780 because of the new feature "mantle". Is it really worth the wait?

Thank you! :):)

Last edited:
uhm g1/4 fittings? your a watercooler arent you. just to clarify can you post a picture of what youre talking because ive never heard of g 1/4 fittings on a board.
edit: i dont really think so on the mantle because until it becomes a standard for the AMD optimizing process it really will be a needle in a haystack sort of thing. if anyone knows different please correct me but this is what i heard from a few reviewers and a few people on this forum. i generally prefer nvidia for its higher stability also.

uhm g1/4 fittings? your a watercooler arent you. just to clarify can you post a picture of what youre talking because ive never heard of g 1/4 fittings on a board.

The Maximus VI comes with a water block for the motherboard attached. He wants to remove that and have it be air cooled.

oh i never heard of that lol ok.
my apologies for the confusion and the double post.
would you receive good cooling if you were to just fill that up with some distilled and nuke or something instead of changing it. idk im trying to think of ultra simple before switching it out. ( chance of over-expansion now that think of it)
tri post fixed.

Last edited:
Back