• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberianIce

Registered
Dear community,

Recently I switched to Intel after long run with unlocked AMD. Even replaced Radeon HD7850 with ASUS 1050 Ti OC 4GB and finally got rid of all AMD components. I am now proud owner of i5-4690K and ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO. I have few questions about my temperature sensors, so maybe MAXIMUS guru can help (i searched ROG community forums for answers but no luck):

I am running overclocked CPU @ 4.4GHz with 1.200V (100x44) and (Cache 100x41 with 1.166V). CPU is cooled with Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with dual 120mm PWM fans: CM Fan (higher CFM) for push and LC Power (lower CFM) for pull in case which is filled with 5 additional 120mm Fans, 2 running from molex and 3 controlled by MOBO, slightly negative pressurized.

The Rig seems stable and cool for most of the time, very rarely CPU hitting 70°C (only under heavy benchmark and standard fan speed profiles). I would like to know what are all these temperature sensors in MAXIMUS VI HERO reported by OpenHardwareMonitor (see screenshot).

temps.jpg

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately no. Everything that match I have renamed already. What's even more strange is that there is no match with Aida64 sensors reading (some of them are not synced due to different refresh intervals, but however, TEMP 3, 4, 5, 6 never do):

sensors.jpg

Temp #4 I think is just a ghost since it's readin ~ 30 °F
The other two could be related to VRM or PCH. The easiest way to figure out which are which is with a can of compressed air for blowing out the PC. The propellant is usually cold and spraying the air over the VRM heatsink you should be able to see a temperature drop in software. Same for PCH

Ty for suggestion, I will buy a can of compressed air next time I visit workshop and see out.

Back