• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus II Formula - OC Result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So after putting this on I made a quick test to see how far I can take the FSB before I reformat. It topped at 510. Weak :(

Everything left at auto

510.jpg

Looks like my ram is gonna hold me back. Or it needs work. :bang head

I'll post back after I reformat and flash the BIOS.

I'm about to order this board and currently I'm using Corsair XMS2 PC6400C4 DDR2 memory which I know will probably hold my oc back so could someone recommend some good memory compatible with this board . Thanks for anyone's help or advice . I'll try to order as soon as I get some replies from you guys. I appreciate your time and help.

The P45's does reach 500 FSBs easily, or maybe at least on this one even on stock NB volts so you might want to buy at least an DDR2-1066 set.

Very pretty. If you get a chance, can you demonstrate the modularity of the NB heatsink that I keep hearing about in reviews?

Oh man sorry.. I already put it in before I read your post. I should've check it out. Everythings screwed in. The construction/build quality is really top notch. The NB sink gets a little warm even if just on the stock volts of 1.1 (?) if the BIOS is right.

awsome board i want to buy i was thinking of buying an asus maximus formula mobo
(Asus Maximus Formula Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard)

but is it worth upgrading or buying formula 2?

i also have 4gb corsair pc6400 and q6600 and now a rad 4870

1. if i stick with corsair pc 6400 what do you think will be the maximu oc i could possibley get?

2. if i get 2gb pc 8500 will it be much better (keeping in mind i only can afford 2gb of 8500 and have currently 4gb of 6400?

awsome board i want to buy i was thinking of buying an asus maximus formula mobo
(Asus Maximus Formula Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard)

but is it worth upgrading or buying formula 2?

i also have 4gb corsair pc6400 and q6600 and now a rad 4870

1. if i stick with corsair pc 6400 what do you think will be the maximu oc i could possibley get?

2. if i get 2gb pc 8500 will it be much better (keeping in mind i only can afford 2gb of 8500 and have currently 4gb of 6400?

Remember...the P45 is an upgrade to the P35, not the x38...the x38/48 is still king of the hill.

i know that but their are so many x38 boards...in paticular i like the asus maximus formulas

boards but which variation is worth buying i only have about £180

Been really busy. Too many clients taking all my spare time. Anyway, I updated my OC results. Can't do any crazy FSB's because my CPU is so hot :(

It peaked up to 82 Degrees in prime after 11 hours. But the board was really cool all the time it never went 40.

Can someone else with a P45 compare my memory bandwidth. I dont know if its low or just about right

Hi
Whats the comparison between the Rampage Formula and this board. As I just bought a Rampage.

Anyway, dont worry about your memory, I have been researching the memory the last two days and from all the reviews I have been reading, not one off the testers would god for the DDR ram as in the real worl, they could see hardly any gain at all except for the hole in your pocket.

So i did the same as you, kept the 8500 ram, is yours tested too 1066 or 1166, as the corsair stuff I have is certified too go too 1166 anyway.

Trev

Hi
Whats the comparison between the Rampage Formula and this board. As I just bought a Rampage.

Anyway, dont worry about your memory, I have been researching the memory the last two days and from all the reviews I have been reading, not one off the testers would god for the DDR ram as in the real worl, they could see hardly any gain at all except for the hole in your pocket.

So i did the same as you, kept the 8500 ram, is yours tested too 1066 or 1166, as the corsair stuff I have is certified too go too 1166 anyway.

Trev

I can't tell you since I dont have a first hand experience with the formula. But there shouldnt be that much of a difference the only thing is the formula is an X48 board which means you get full 16 + 16 when you go CF hence on this one you only get an 8 + 8, I've yet to find out how that is going to affect performance. I should be getting 2 4850's soon then I'll report back.

Also on this board, you get the cooler running P45 chipset and the new ICH10R, honestly ive never seen it near 40 degrees even after 11 hours prime. Not to mention that you also get an 16 Phase PWM, it delivers a more stable and clean volts and of course it also runs alot cooler, bottomline is it's more efficient. And if you read the other P5Q's thread the P45's dont have problems pushing FSB's of over 550 ;)

And oh, this board is cheaper than that one and it looks sick and a whole lotta other things :D

But either one should do fine IMO.

Back