• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO vs MSi Z87 GD65 gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KidEQ

Trying to decide between the two. Just a $20 difference now.

I just need some deal breaking points, not just an advertisement list of features but the aspects of those features and hardware that truly distinguish these two motherboards such as:

1.VRM and the overall performance of both motherboards regarding DRAM
2. ethernet; is the Killer E2220 ethernet really that good? seems like a gimmick and have read that it is known to fail unless the software is disabled which pretty much defeats the purpose.
3. Reliability and stability when it comes to overclocking so i dont need to run into any problems
4. basically which one is best in your honest opinion backed by legitimate evidence

What are the most important aspects when buying a motherboard? I'm building a computer to somewhat last me until the new generation of computer technology advances. The onboard audio is irrelevant since I will be using an audio interface. What's important to me will be the necessity of a motherboard to achieve what is most important.

My main uses are gaming, music production, video streaming, file transfering, general use, etc.

Specs so far:

i7 4770k 3.5
MSi GTX 760 Hawk 2gb
G Skill Sniper 16hb 1866hmz CL 9-10-9-28
Samsung 840 EVO 250gb
Seagate Desktop SSHD 1tb
Asus VX238 LCD
Corsair HX750 PSU
Antek Kuhler 1250 Liquid Cooling
Cooler Master Storm Stryker White
Windows 7

would greatly appreciate it everyone would take some time to help me make this difficult decision! :D

Back