• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus maximus vii hero z97 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moparfan90

hello everyone one. i tried searching around for my problem and cant seem to find anything.

system specs:

asus maximus vii hero z97
i7-4770k
corsair vengeance pro 2400 16gb ram
2x samsung ssd 250gb (raid 0)
msi gtx 780 ti
windows 8.1 64bit

so i set everything up and its all running great. huge improvement for me over my last machine. i am trying to get the "5-way optimization" thing inside AI suite to work as i have seen it in many videos and reviews. from what i understand its suppose to slowly overclock the cpu until it crashes and then find a stable limit. when i click that icon in the program it only gives me pre-sets for clock speeds. (4.2 4.4 4.6ghz)

if anyone can shed some light on if im doing something wrong or what, that would be much appreciated.

yes dont fuss with those stupid auto oc programs do it thru bios. Those programs always use more volts than is needed.

Look in bios there might be something you have to enable to allow the auto crap to work.

ill look into that. im just using it as a baseline. then ill fine tune it myself.

While I do agree bios Overclocking is best. I have used the Asus suite and it does work pretty well. My 4770k had no problem getting to 4.6(they limit volts to 1.275) I can't remember but there is a Microsoft driver you need to download for it to work. You should have got a message box tell g you to download it after installing the suite.

I'm with S_I_N on this, avoid AI suite. That board will have a CPU up setting in bios as well. It worked on my Hero6 but as S_I_N says it will give too many volts. I had to try it out of curiosity. It set the XMP profile and clocked it to 4.6G which was P95 stable. They have come a long way with those auto tuners I have to give them that.
I don't see the harm in using it as a guide but you'll still want to set it up manually since you can save some wear and tear on your components.
You also have to remember that not all of these 4770Ks can stabilize at higher clocks, it's the luck of the draw. Either way keep a close eye on your temps.

Also have a look throught this guide. http://www.overclockers.com/3step-guide-to-overclock-intel-haswell same chip / different chipset but it's still quite relevant.

seems like i didnt get very lucky with my chip then. 4.2 works fine. but the 4.4 and 4.6 settings crash pretty much right away. not a big deal i really have no reason to OC higher anyway.

thanks for all the help though

seems like i didnt get very lucky with my chip then. 4.2 works fine. but the 4.4 and 4.6 settings crash pretty much right away. not a big deal i really have no reason to OC higher anyway.

thanks for all the help though

That doesn't mean it won't just means the board can't do it for ya. :shrug:

well im one of those people that needs there temps to be low. i dont know why but i dont like when it goes over 65C. in the next 2 or 3 months im going to do a custom loop for the cpu and my graphics card. once thats done ill overclock everything, and see how far it will go. 120x5 should be enough for a 4770k and 780 ti

65C on that CPU worries you? LOL... it shouldn't. Seriously.

120.5 is plenty for 4770K and 780Ti.

My gues would be he needs to up the System agent and the analogue and digital right underneath it. That 2400 ram needs a bit of oomph to keep it stable. Try setting a +.2 offset.

Back