• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS MB will power on, but no video signal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

habibrobert

Hello,

I am installing this motherboard for the first time. I hooked up everything accordingly, it powers on, but there is no video signal.

I noticed however, that my power supply doesn't have an extra 4 pin ATX power connector for the 4 pin connection on the motherboard. The one 4 pin ATX power connector (that comes with the power supply) is connected to the larger 24pin power (along with a 20 pin power connector).

If you can read my confusing explanation, my question is that the reason why there is no video signal? Because the 4 pin ATX connector is not plugged in? Or does not have anything to do with the video signal?

Sorry for the confusing explanation! The motherboard is an Asus M5A78L-M LX

Many Thanks!

Agreed. Need the 4 pin plugged in. Not sure if this helps but I believe that you may have a power supply plug issue. My Thermaltake has a single 8 pin ATX plug where as my Coolermaster has the same capability but the ATX power plug is actually split in 2x4pin connectors. Glad you posted because I would have been hosed had I had a board configured like yours. Thank you!

In all fairness, there are several new PSUs without the EPS12v, but DO have ATX12v which is the minimum requirement for most boards.

If you don't have the connector present, I'd invest in a new PSU rather than just getting a cheap adaptor.

In all fairness, there are several new PSUs without the EPS12v, but DO have ATX12v which is the minimum requirement for most boards.

If you don't have the connector present, I'd invest in a new PSU rather than just getting a cheap adaptor.

You're right. It's my fault, I always say EPS when I mean 4p or 8p.

Back