• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Motherboard issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys Finally Finally Finally I got Realbench running too and finish successfully with the report saying EVERYTHING IS OK (though it shows failed to parse the results).Actually the only thing that I changed was Max CPU capability to Auto from 140% that I was running previously and didn't disable the Intel Speed Shift Technology (and yes I have not changed my CPU Core/Cache Voltage, it is still 1.29 with an AVX offset of 2, Ram voltage is 1.35 set by Auto), that's it everything as of now running fine. I am going to run OCCT stress test for about good 7-8 hours to check if the system is stable, any temperature issue, etc etc.. If everything is fine I will post all my settings here for you guys.

Once again I would like to thank each one of you who helped me with this issue . Tks Guys, Tks a Ton

Best Rgds
Sajeev

Glad to see the 64GB of memory is running fine, good job with the overclock.:) Can't wait to see your settings.

Guys sorry to bother you all again, just want to understand one thing, The VRM on my MoBo get's really hot and its actually impossible to touch, you can actually feel the heat... any suggestions on this..

PS: currently my MoBo is still not inside a case but on an open bench without any direct airflow towards the VRM. Also I have changed my CPU Core/Cache voltage to 1.255 for 5.0GHz with a negative offset of 2 and it's really stable..

I am not confident running test as the VRAM temps are too high, I have not checked it but I am sure it is somewhere in the range of 100-110 degrees. With the voltage that I have my CPU temps are between 68-75 degrees.

Tks & Regards
Sajeev

Vram or vrm?

Get air moving across it. I'm surprised they get that hot on that board honestly.

Even if the VRM are at 70-80C it still "feels" very hot to the touch, that's twice your body temperature. Te Extreme has a nice VRM section similar to the APEX I have a tad smaller but still plenty robust. The heatsinks being warm means they're doing their job. As E_D said a little airflow can go a long way.
IIRC the extreme should have the ability to monitor the VRM temperatures with the right software. Not sure if AISuite will show it but AIDA64 would possibly HWInfo64 as well

Tks guys, all problems solved just by pointing a fan towards the VRM's. Temps now pretty neat, Ran Aida64, Prime 95 for over an hour and and OCCT for over 4 hours and found out that temps were extremely stable on both VRM's (40-45) and CPU Core (65-75). So happy now, couldn't have done it without your support and advises. Tks again a ton. You guys rock.. Getting a Thermaltake View 71 case for this build, and yes I am going to swipe the Graphic card for 2 2080Ti's FE on Custom water loop from my threadripper 2950X build which I have running on stock. I'll put my Radeon VII in threadripper build. Some pics of my last build attached.

Best Regards
Sajeev

Attachments

• BLACK MAMBA.jpg
    BLACK MAMBA.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • Side Panel.jpg
    Side Panel.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 89
Are you draining from your rez? I can't clearly tell if you have a drain port from that location.
Kind off, I forgot to add the drain valve, will add it when I drain/change the water in next couple of months.

Back