• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus or MSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is true but why would I want to get an asus board for the same price as the msi gd64 board that has way more in it than a lower end asus board.

And for the record, Asus has other 1155 boards besides the MVIE. I mean, I know it's obvious but you don't necessarily need to grab the bleeding top-end board just because.

also how do you know what I would be using my pc for. I do later on want to make it a rendering machine.

Motherboard isn't really going to determine your performance. Anyway, you'd want a CPU with more cores then 4 for decent rendering. I'd wait to Haswell-E comes out. Just my opinion.

Motherboard isn't really going to determine your performance. Anyway, you'd want a CPU with more cores then 4 for decent rendering. I'd wait to Haswell-E comes out. Just my opinion.
If he can wait a year and a half, that is a good idea. If not, why not X79 and upgrade to IB-e when it comes out in the fall?

On X79, more so than Z77/Z87, the motherboard matters a bit more. I mean the difference performance wise as in same clocks and speeds versus results will not be different, however what clocks you can achieve, due to the power hungry nature of the CPU's involved + overclocking, it helps to have a more robust solution. :thup:

isn't haswell out now? I thought it was.:)
Haswell-E (assuming that is what it will be called) is not and wont be for a year and a half.

Back